Organic Produce Price Reports

Adam Watson, Kentucky Dept. of Agriculture

Jun 6, 2014, 12:10:31 PM6/6/14
to oak...@googlegroups.com
I had a request from an Extension agent in regards for a source of organic produce price reports and I thought that others might find the info useful.

You can find organic fruit and vegetable pricing on this page: http://www.marketnews.usda.gov/portal/fv

 This particular link:
 National Fruit and Vegetable Organic Summary

Adam Watson, KDA

Organic Program Manager

Hileman, Miranda J

Jun 16, 2014, 6:54:53 PM6/16/14
to Adam Watson, Kentucky Dept. of Agriculture, oak...@googlegroups.com
Great resource Adam!  I have never seen the summary report; it's great.
The Rodale Institute also provides organic prices on a weekly basis too.

Hope this helps,
Miranda

Obiora Embry

Apr 19, 2015, 1:50:01 PM4/19/15
to oak...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday night I watched "Symphony of the Soil."  It is a good movie that looks at the creation of soil, various soil types, the erosion and degradation of it, how to build it back up, soil in various continents, how soil has been impacted by farming techniques, various methods of growing food, the soil food web, and more.  If you are interested in learning more about soil: with good soil you can grow anything and by building up your soil you no longer need external inputs (i.e., fertilizers--organic or inorganic).

2015 is the International Year of the Soils and so until 19 April (today) you can watch "Symphony of the Soil" for free online at http://www.symphonyofthesoil.com/.

---
Sincerely,
Obiora Embry, E.I.T., Author, GFJI Advisory Board Member
Learn more about Expanding Horizons Through Creative Expressions on-line @ www.embrybooks.org
CEO/Eco-Conscious Consultant, EConsulting (tm)
Visit Us on the Web @ http://www.econsultingllc.org