Wanted: Organic farmer for 3 acres

Elmwood Stock Farm

Jan 20, 2016, 3:29:06 PM1/20/16
to oak...@googlegroups.com

Name: Lyda Cox
Email: lyda...@yahoo.com
Comment: Hello, I am writing in reference to our 3 acres here. It is good land flat and ready to grow. We wanted organic farming to be done on our land and hoped to work out an arrangement for some of the food farmed on it. We are 60ish and do not farm ourselves. Please contact us if you are interested or if know anyone that is interested.

Lyda and Roger Cox

270-299-2000

1224 Woodland Trail

Greensburg Ky

42743

Obiora Embry

Aug 10, 2016, 4:51:12 PM8/10/16
to oak...@googlegroups.com

 All,

I just wanted this information about Growing Power's upcoming National International Urban and Small Farms Conference in November.

Growing Power's Farm Conference Tickets Now Avaliable!

Growing Power's National International Urban and Small Farms Conference "Lets Scale it Up! Growing Food and Farmers: Best practices in growing, distribution and community building
View this email in your browser

"Lets Scale it Up! Growing Food and Farmers: Best practices in growing, distribution and community building"

Dates:
Pre-Conference Training November 16-18, 2016
Conference November 18-20, 2016

Location:
Growing Power Warehouse 13111 W. Silver Spring Drive Butler, WI

Click here to purchase tickets

Every two years, hundreds of people from around the world travel to Milwaukee to participate in an intensive three day conference that covers urban aquaculture, urban farming, planning strategies, education, youth programming, food policy and food justice. Participants include: farmers, academics, chefs, policy makers, organizers, and people from countless other walks of life. Our conference theme for 2016 is Let's Scale it Up! Growing Food and Farmers: Best practices in growing, distribution and community building. It is time for the Good Food Revolution to scale up and really push ourselves to move beyond just one garden or one market but how can we make things better for ourselves, our neighbors, and our world.

This year Will Allen and conference organizers are excited to announce that we are bringing home the effort with the conference being hosted at Growing Power's world headquarters at 5500 W. Silver Spring Drive and at our Community Food Distribution Center in Butler, WI. Hundreds of participants will gather and share in best practices, and learn how we can really scale up together. Workshops will be hands-on, interactive and will showcase the work being done locally in the Milwaukee area as well as nationally and internationally.

Coinciding with the conference is the Growing Food and Justice for All (GFJI) gathering. GFJI is a comprehensive network that views dismantling racism as a core principal with brings together social change agents from diverse sectors who are working to bring about new, healthy, and sustainable food systems, while supporting and building multicultural leadership in impoverished communities throughout the world.

This year organizers are excited to offer some pre-conference trainings that will be hosted by Growing Power and their partners from November 16th-18th.

1) Growing Power will be offering an intensive composting workshop with partners Compost Wheel and Rid- All Green Partnership

2) UWM- School of Freshwater Sciences in cooperation with Growing Power will be offering an aquaponics intensive workshop

3) Growing Food and Justice for All Iniative will be hosting an Intensive Leadership and Facilitator Training (click here for workshop description).

Three Perspectives on Food:
A Conversation between
Will Allen, Ron Finley and Alice Waters

Join Leaders in the food world as they come together to share their perspective on how farming, social justice and the culinary arts can be powerful tools for equity locally, nationally and internationally.

  • How can we scale up from small school gardens to school farms that can nourish a community?
  • How do we connect and support permanent land use by the community for food production as well as economic and cultural development?
  • Where are the places and spaces where we can scale up food production but also quality of living for all, not just some?
  • What are the policy changes that are needed to support the Good Food Revolution?

Join us in Milwaukee for this truly historic evening.

Click here to purchase tickets

three

Date: November 18, 2016

Time: 7:30- 9:30pm

Location: Growing Power Warehouse:

Tickets Available Now!

General Admission Pre- Sale: $40

Seats are not assigned and will be filled on a first come first serve basis.

General Admission at the Door: $50

Fundraising Reception - Starts at 6:00pm: $200

Fundraising Reception Tickets include, small plates, signature cocktails, book signing, speaker meet and greet as well as reserved seats to this historic event!

Support our Work during our #GP100in100 Campaign
Just $5 a month makes a huge impact

---
Sincerely,
Obiora Embry
E.I.T., Author, GFJI Advisory Board Member
CEO/Eco-Conscious Consultant, EConsulting™ | http://www.econsultingllc.org

Services:

Grant writing
Ghost writing