Oak Island Treasure newsletter

ojo1979

Jun 1, 2010, 8:36:05 AM6/1/10
to Oak Island Treasure
Hello fans of Oak Island,

It’s been a number of months since I have sent out a newsletter, so
thought it was about time I got in touch with you all again.

I’m afraid very little has been happening in terms of an actual
treasure hunt on Oak Island these recent months, primarily due to the
restrictions put in place surrounding the Treasure Trove Licence (TTL)
procedure.

So in answer to all of those emails I’ve recently received, in order
to dig for treasure, the current owners must be in possession of a
TTL, a permit which is issued by the Nova Scotian Government.
Currently this whole process is under investigation with UNESCO taking
significant interest in how treasure hunting is administered in the
Province. Until this is settled, no further TTLs are being issued or
renewed, so for the short term at least, it looks as though the
treasure hunt is suspended. As soon as we hear more news, we’ll let
you know.

It’s not all bad news though. Just because the treasure hunt isn’t
happening, you can still indulge your interest in Oak Island! Check
out our main website for photos, video, original content, theories and
all kinds of interesting material relating to the mystery:
http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk

Don’t forget, as well as the website, we've also got a page on
facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Oak-Island-Treasure/
72996521324) and forum (http://forum.oakislandtreasure.co.uk), which
is a great way to connect with other fans of Oak Island and share your
theories on the whos, hows and whats of the treasure hunt.

I really enjoy receiving all your messages and ideas on what you
believe may be the answer to the Oak Island mystery, so keep them
coming!

Best wishes,

Jo Atherton
Web Manager – http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk