Validation errors for Digital Commons repositories

Nyikos, Benedek (ELS-BKY)

Oct 28, 2021, 8:08:47 PM10/28/21
to oai...@googlegroups.com, Arder, Aurora R. (ELS-HBE)
Dear OAI-PMH,

We are attempting to validate a Digital Commons repository using http://www.openarchives.org/Register/ValidateSite but we keep receiving an error saying that the OAI gaterway is returning a 500 error. On our end, it looks like the OAI gateway is fine:

We have tried several other DC sites, with the same error:

We've been able to register DC sites in the past with no trouble, and our tech team doesn't know of anything that has changed on our end. Can you tell what's going on?

All the best,
Benny

Benedek Nyikos

Pronouns: he/him

Consulting Services, Digital Commons Operations Director

bny...@bepress.com

Tel. : +1 510 570 3380

Digital Commons, powered by bepress l Elsevier

2100 Milvia Street, Suite 300, Berkeley, CA 94704

Nyikos, Benedek (ELS-BKY)

Nov 3, 2021, 11:46:59 AM11/3/21
to oai...@googlegroups.com, Arder, Aurora R. (ELS-HBE)
Dear OAI-PHM,

I hope this email finds you well! Have you had a chance to check into these errors yet? If there's anything that looks like it changed on our end, please let us know and we'll investigate.

All the best,
Benny

Benedek Nyikos

Pronouns: he/him

Consulting Services, Digital Commons Operations Director

bny...@bepress.com

Tel. : +1 510 570 3380

Digital Commons, powered by bepress l Elsevier

2100 Milvia Street, Suite 300, Berkeley, CA 94704

Nov 14, 2021, 8:51:43 PM11/14/21
to OAI-PMH
I'm getting the same 500 issue with the validator on every base URL I tried. For eg
return 200 OK, but 500 with the validator. It would be great to see the source code or at least the info necessary to reproduce the request with curl. Probably the IP if the http client is not relevant.