HTTPS -> HTTP redirect?

Scott Lewis

Apr 18, 2024, 12:21:50 PMApr 18
to OAI-PMH
Hi, I am working on a project that uses OAI PMH, and recently some of our tests have been failing, giving the reason of a "forbidden" redirect (probably forbidden by the library as a security feature).

The test is trying to open the URL
but that URL seems to have a "303 See Other" response which points to

The code used to open the URL apparently doesn't like the "https" to "http" redirection.  I note that the latter URL above itself has a "301 Moved Permanently" to

Did something change in the past day or two?  These tests were running fine as recently as April 16 around noon MDT, and the code hasn't really changed when it started failing.

I saw there was a OAI Website Migration on April 16; could that migration be related to this error?

Thanks in advance!

Scott Lewis
NSIDC

Simeon Warner

Apr 18, 2024, 4:08:52 PMApr 18
to OAI-PMH
Hi Scott,

I see the same thing:

```
> curl -I https://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/
HTTP/2 303
date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:03:31 GMT
content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
location: http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/OAI-PMH.xsd
server: Apache/2.4.37 (Oracle Linux) OpenSSL/1.1.1k
```

There should not be a redirect from https to http there. I'll let you know when it is fixed.

Cheers,
Simeon

Simeon Warner

Apr 18, 2024, 5:39:23 PMApr 18
to OAI-PMH
This is now fixed, thanks for reporting!

date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:49:22 GMT
content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
location: https://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/OAI-PMH.xsd

server: Apache/2.4.37 (Oracle Linux) OpenSSL/1.1.1k

Cheers,
Simeon

Scott Lewis

Apr 22, 2024, 2:31:31 AMApr 22