Re: validation check

Simeon Warner

Aug 3, 2021, 8:46:54 AM8/3/21
to jc...@itu.edu.tr, OAI-PMH
I don't see any indication that your journal website supports the OAI-PMH (as documented at https://www.openarchives.org/OAI/openarchivesprotocol.html). In order to validate the interface you will need to supply and OAI-PMH base URL and not the address of a human readable web page.

Cheers,
Simeon

On 8/3/21, 6:40 AM, "bounce-12580...@list.cornell.edu on behalf of jc...@itu.edu.tr" <bounce-12580...@list.cornell.edu on behalf of jc...@itu.edu.tr> wrote:
To whom it may concern,

We are applying to be a member of OAI. In the validation page
(http://www.openarchives.org/Register/ValidateSite), we take the
following warning:
Checking Identify response
REQUEST https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/pub/jcode?verb=Identify GET
WARN Malformed response: undefined entity at line 7, column 43, byte
311 at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/XML/Parser.pm line 187. . The most
common reason for malformed responses is illegal bytes in UTF-8
streams (e.g. the inclusion of Latin1 characters with codes>127
without creating proper UTF-8 mutli-byte sequences). You might find
the utf8conditioner, found on the OAI tools page helpful for debugging.
FAIL Failed to parse Identify response
FAIL ABORT: Failed to parse Identify response from server at base URL
'https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/pub/jcode'.
The OAI-PMH data provider with base URL
https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/pub/jcode has failed initial validation.
Problems reported must be corrected before validation can continue.

Could you please guide us in this evaluation process?

Here are the websites of our open access journal which is founded in
2019 and published twice a year.
https://dergipark.org.tr/en/pub/jcode
https://jcode.itu.edu.tr/language/en/

Thank you for considering us.