resumptionToken failed Validation

Olayiwola Lawal

Jan 24, 2024, 3:36:58 AMJan 24
to OAI-PMH
Hello,

I am trying to register my Dspace 7.6 repository in open archives but I got the error below. Would anyone be able to help with this?

### Checking for correct use of resumptionToken (if used)

REQUEST:
https://url/server/oai/request?verb=ListRecords&resumptionToken=oai_dc////100
GET
FAIL: Response to request is using resumptionToken not valid XML:
https://url/server/oai/request?verb=ListRecords&resumptionToken=oai_dc////100

## Summary - *failure*

* Namespace declared for v2.0 oai-identifiers is
* Uses https URIs (not specified in protocol)
* Total tests passed: 39
* Total warnings: 1
* Total error count: 1
* Validation status: FAILED

John Salter

Jan 24, 2024, 5:09:09 AMJan 24
to oai...@googlegroups.com

Hi Olayiwola,

Are you able to share the response from that URL?
If not, can you check whether the response is valid XML?

The resumption token looks valid compared to another DSpace instance. The format is: [metadataFormat]/[from]/[until]/[set]/[record-offset]

Cheers,

John

Jan 24, 2024, 10:25:11 AMJan 24
to OAI-PMH
Hi John,

Thanks for the response.

I am however new to DSpace and Open Archive, so I don't know how best to respond to you.

Thanks.

John Salter

Jan 24, 2024, 10:42:02 AMJan 24
to oai...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
From the log you provided, I can see the URL that was failing:

https://nigeriareposit.nln.gov.ng/server/oai/request?verb=ListRecords&resumptionToken=oai_dc////100

If you request the above URL, there is a server error (500 response) – which the OAI-PMH validator correctly reports as a problem.

There should be some information in your server logs about what caused this problem.

Unfortunately, I don’t know enough about DSpace to help more than this. The best place to ask about this is the DSpace community –details here: https://dspace.lyrasis.org/join-the-community/

Once the above URL with the resumptionToken is returning a proper response, you should be able to continue with the validation.