Host a list of metadata representations

Paul Millar

Mar 9, 2022, 12:10:21 PM3/9/22
to OAI-PMH
I was looking for how to represent DataCite metadata via OAI-PMH.

It turns out that this is already defined here.  However, it took some (considerable) time to discover this.

Perhaps the OAI-PMH web pages could host a simple table of different metadata standards along with links to where they are defined.

Cheers,
Paul.

Simeon Warner

Mar 12, 2022, 9:49:02 AM3/12/22
to OAI-PMH
Hi Paul,

Glad you found the official DataCite schema on the DataCite site. I agree that it would be convenient to have a list of recommended schemas on the OAI site but I'm afraid I don't think we have the effort available to maintain such a list and keep it reliably up to date.

Cheers,
Simeon