Re: Never available record == deleted ?

Simeon Warner

Jul 19, 2022, 2:32:37 PM7/19/22
to Nuriel Simchi, oai...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nuriel,

In the situation you describe I don’t think it really matters whether you expose already deleted records as “deleted” or simply never include them. In either case a downstream harvest will correctly not include the records.

The focus of the protocol is synchronization of a harvested copy of metadata records rather than description of the history.

Just one word of warning, however. You mention sets and I note that OAI-PMH has a “bug” in its design in that items moving in an out of sets cannot be tracked properly. The notion of deleted is in relation to the records independent of set membership.

Cheers,

Simeon

Hi,

I have a question about the meaning of 'deleted' status, please.

Does it mean that the record was deleted since the previous publishing, or it just says that the record is not available now?

This question comes for a record on an existing set, which was marked as unavailable record since the set creation. (it already was an unavailable record before the first publishing of the set)

Should this record be published as deleted, or not be published at all?

Thanks,

Nuriel

IRJAY

Aug 2, 2022, 11:48:23 AM8/2/22
to oai...@googlegroups.com, simeon...@cornell.edu, Nuriel Simchi
dear concern
i m trying to convert my base url into OAI PMH url and want to register my url in OAI but when i enter my url a problems occur which i sent you in attachments. plz help us out how we register in OAI and get our url converted into OAI PMH. our base url is https://irjay.com/index.php/irjay
thanks
dr sandeep
International research journal of Ayurveda & yoga

--

---
IMG_4972.jpg