Re: OAI Validation (step 2): https://revistas.rcaap.pt/finisterra/oai

REVISTA FINISTERRA

Nov 18, 2020, 5:28:25 AM11/18/20
to oai...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Could you help us? What should we do or what should we correct to avoid this failure?

REQUEST:
https://revistas.rcaap.pt/finisterra/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&until=2019-11-17T11:07:30Z
GET
FAIL: Failed to extract error code from the response to request:
verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&until=2019-11-17T11:07:30Z The request
specified a date one year before the earliestDatestamp given in the Identify
response. There should therefore not be any records with datestamps on or
before this date and a noRecordsMatch error code should be returned.

## Summary - *failure*

* Namespace declared for v2.0 oai-identifiers is ojs.revistas.rcaap.pt
* Uses https URIs (not specified in protocol)
* Total tests passed: 39
* Total warnings: 0
* Total error count: 1
* Validation status: FAILED

Best regards,
Ana Louro

Apache <apa...@sf-lib-web-011.serverfarm.cornell.edu> escreveu no dia terça, 17/11/2020 à(s) 11:08:
We received a request to validate (but not register) the following repository:

Base URL: https://revistas.rcaap.pt/finisterra/oai
adminEmail: rev.fin...@campus.ul.pt

## Failure summary

### Checking for version 2.0 specific exceptions

REQUEST:
https://revistas.rcaap.pt/finisterra/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&until=2019-11-17T11:07:30Z
GET
FAIL: Failed to extract error code from the response to request:
verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&until=2019-11-17T11:07:30Z The request
specified a date one year before the earliestDatestamp given in the Identify
response. There should therefore not be any records with datestamps on or
before this date and a noRecordsMatch error code should be returned.

## Summary - *failure*

* Namespace declared for v2.0 oai-identifiers is ojs.revistas.rcaap.pt
* Uses https URIs (not specified in protocol)
* Total tests passed: 39
* Total warnings: 0
* Total error count: 1
* Validation status: FAILED

Complete log available at
http://www.openarchives.org/Register/ValidateSite?log=6HQO1TUH

If you wish to rerun the validation tests, you may do so by accessing the
following URL:

http://www.openarchives.org/Register/ValidateSite?c=V3RUKW0B

If there is something you do not understand about these validation tests or
something you think is in error, please consult archived messages at
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/oai-pmh and if necessary request help
via oai...@googlegroups.com.

Initial work to create this OAI-PMH validation service was supported through
US NSF award number 0127308. Subsequent support and maintenance has been
provided by Cornell University Library.

FINISTERRA
Revista Portuguesa de Geografia

Centro de Estudos Geográficos
Edifício IGOT - Rua Branca Edmée Marques
1600-276 Lisboa | Portugal
Telefone: 210 442 933
e-mail. rev.fin...@campus.ul.pt

Simeon Warner

Nov 18, 2020, 11:22:24 AM11/18/20
to OAI-PMH
Hi Ann Louro,

The problem is that the earliestDatestamp in your repository's Identify response (https://revistas.rcaap.pt/finisterra/oai?verb=Identify) seems to be set to the current time. I should be set to a datestamp that is equal to or before the first (earliest) datestamp of any item in the repository (see:
https://www.openarchives.org/OAI/openarchivesprotocol.html#Identify)

Cheers,
Simeon