Validation Failed

David A Smith

May 13, 2022, 4:05:57 AMMay 13
to oai...@googlegroups.com
As part of a CLIR grant, our library is attempting to register our Omeka (classic) instance as a data provider using the OAI-PMH plugin for Omeka.  When attempting to validate prior to registration, we're receiving a 500 error on step 1 indicating a failure to connect.  We are able to successfully query the instance at https://validator.oaipmh.com/.  Any assistance in determining the nature of the issue would be appreciated.

----

Initial validation checks (step 1)

baseURL is https://digitalcollections.mtmary.edu/oai-pmh-repository/request
Validation only

Request logged from XXXXX

Checking Identify response

FAIL Validator failed to connect to server at base URL 'https://digitalcollections.mtmary.edu/oai-pmh-repository/request'. Response: 500 Can't connect to digitalcollections.mtmary.edu:443 Content-Type: text/plain Client-Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 16:42:59 GMT Client-Warning: Internal response Can't connect to digitalcollections.mtmary.edu:443
FAIL ABORT: Validator failed to connect to server at base URL 'https://digitalcollections.mtmary.edu/oai-pmh-repository/request'.

The OAI-PMH data provider with base URL https://digitalcollections.mtmary.edu/oai-pmh-repository/request has failed initial validation. Problems reported must be corrected before validation can continue.

David Smith
Senior Director of Information Technology and CIO
IT Services

414-930-3454
Mount Mary University
2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway