Change namespace identifier after domain change?

Heike Riegler

Nov 2, 2020, 7:33:32 AM11/2/20
to OAI-PMH

Dear OAI support group,

the domain of our OpenJournalSystem has changed from "ojs.jki.bund.de" to "ojs.openagrar.de" . To adhere to the OAI schema, we would have to change our  Namespace Identifier accordingly. Is this correct? I have two questions:

1. Does this create problems with harvesters such as CORE, which already have our content indexed?

2. We do have two repositories, for which we would like to use separate namespace identifiers for several reasons:
- ojs.openagrar.de is our OpenJournalSystem
- openagrar.de is our MyCore repository
What would the correct namespace identifier be for the OJS, which is a subdomain of the other? Is this even possible?

Kind regards,
Heike