University Press Colleagues, Vote for OA eBook Usage Dashboard Feature Priorities

Charles Watkinson

Jul 20, 2021, 8:48:03 PM7/20/21
to oaebu-data-trust-uni...@googlegroups.com, Hawkins, Kevin, Christina Drummond

Hello,

As an Advisory Board member for the OA eBook Usage Data Trust project, I'm helping to draft initial governance resources for the data dashboard elements of this project. To inform this work, the OAeBU project invites members of this online community to vote for features you'd like to see prioritized for development and inclusion in a usage dashboard service launch.

By July 31st, please vote here for up to five features you'd like to see developed and incorporated into the next version of OA book usage data dashboards.

The results will inform the technical roadmap for launching an operational service after the completion of our current six-partner dashboard pilot. Note that pilot dashboards already reflect usage by platform, by month for each OA book, and in aggregate, with data ingested from a set of standard platforms and security provided by login-based access controls. While you will be asked for an email and password to vote on the groupmap, individual responses will not be attributed in voting reports.

We appreciate you taking this moment to inform our priorities. Charles

--

Charles Watkinson
Director, University of Michigan Press

Learn more about how Michigan Publishing is making an impact and advancing the mission of our parent institution at https://www.publishing.umich.edu/

Christina Drummond

Sherer, John

Jul 29, 2021, 2:46:06 PM7/29/21
to oaebu-data-trust-uni...@googlegroups.com

Can I get an “I voted” sticker?

--
This message was generated through one of the OA eBook Usage Data Trust community forums. Learn more about this Andrew W. Mellon supported 2020-2021 pilot project at https://educopia.org/data_trust/.
---

Alexander, Patrick

Jul 29, 2021, 3:32:54 PM7/29/21
to oaebu-data-trust-uni...@googlegroups.com

I voted, but confess that I found one of the categories, reports to funders, disappeared. I was unable to rank my five votes (everything was a “1”). Also, I realize that I’m a luddite, but there was no “submit” button that I could find. How are the results collected?

Thanks,

Patrick

From: <oaebu-data-trust-uni...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Christina Drummond <chri...@educopia.org>
Date: Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 2:44 PM
To: OAeBU Data Trust University Presses Group <oaebu-data-trust-uni...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [OA eBU DataTrust-UPresses] Re: University Press Colleagues, Vote for OA eBook Usage Dashboard Feature Priorities

Reminder: This vote closes in two days on July 31st. Don't miss your chance to  vote here for up to five features you'd like to see developed and incorporated into the next version of OA book usage data dashboards.

Christina Drummond

Jul 29, 2021, 3:48:00 PM7/29/21
to OAeBU Data Trust University Presses Group
Hi Patrick,

I just added in an "Other - comment to describe" option so that if there is a high priority that isn't listed, such as Funder Reports, that can be added to the list and voted on.

The results of this vote will be recorded alongside similar vote tallies that are being generated by our project's communities for Commercial Publishers and Publishing Platforms and Services. I plan on sharing the totals next week (after the votes close) for transparency.

Christina

Christina Drummond

Jul 29, 2021, 3:55:26 PM7/29/21
to OAeBU Data Trust University Presses Group
I forgot to note that this virtual "sticker-vote" is configured so that one cannot vote multiple times for a single functionality. Nor can you weight your choices.

You do not have to click submit. Once you see your "1" pop up next to an option, Groupmap has recorded your vote.  In other words, the "1" is your virtual sticker.

-Christina

Alexander, Patrick

Jul 29, 2021, 4:08:05 PM7/29/21
to OAeBU Data Trust University Presses Group
Thanks, Christina.
My votes would have been, in order:
  1. Reports to authors
  2. Reports to funders
  3. Visualizations across publishers' corpus
  4. Reports to institutions
  5. Benchmarks

Aug 10, 2021, 10:50:37 AM8/10/21
to OAeBU Data Trust University Presses Group
Greetings All:

I thought you'd like to know how the votes came in. Votes from this group and our Library Publishers group resulted in the following:

FeaturePrioritization_UPresses.png

This prioritization is being considered by members of our project's Advisory Board, as they draft a working mission, vision, and MVP service description for what a dashboard service might look like at launch. Stay tuned as those drafts will come back to this community for comment later this year.

Christina

Roxanne Missingham

Aug 10, 2021, 5:14:39 PM8/10/21
to oaebu-data-trust-uni...@googlegroups.com
Terrific. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad

On 11 Aug 2021, at 12:50 am, Christina Drummond <chri...@educopia.org> wrote:

Greetings All:

I thought you'd like to know how the votes came in. Votes from this group and our Library Publishers group resulted in the following:

Darrin Pratt

Aug 12, 2021, 4:49:14 PM8/12/21
to OAeBU Data Trust University Presses Group
As usual, late to the party here, it's been that kind of summer, but my votes would have aligned with the current top 5 for sure, for whatever that's worth (probably not much). So sorry for my delayed response Christina and everyone!

Best,
Darrin