Introducing Frances Pinter of the Central European University Press

Christina Drummond

Jul 8, 2020, 4:32:44 PM7/8/20
to oaebu-data-trust-uni...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ---------
Subject: my introduction for the OAeBU Data Trust

Hello friends, old and new! My current position is Executive Chair of the Central European University Press. I’m on the boards or advisory committees of three other small university presses on three continents, UoLondon, Wits, and ANU – and learning a lot about the challenges facing small Ups around the world. I was previously CEO of Manchester UP, founding publisher at Bloomsbury Academic, and founder of Knowledge Unlatched.

Having watched this project develop from afar for a number of years now I’m so pleased to be able to learn from and hopefully contribute to it. Despite budget cuts all round I think we really can seize the moment to promote OA for monographs. The OAeBU Data Trust has the potential to play a vital role in this effort. So, great to be able to pool all our questions and knowledge.

Best wishes to all,

Frances

Alexander, Patrick

Jul 8, 2020, 4:53:45 PM7/8/20