Brainstorming preview

Christina Drummond

Jul 10, 2020, 4:55:34 PM7/10/20
to OAeBU Data Trust University Presses Group
Happy Friday everyone.

To support our asynchronous design conversations, I'm evaluating a tool (GroupMap) that should allow all members of this group to add, comment, and like use-case elements in a virtual whiteboard, which I have pre-populated based on your email introductions. I've attached a preview for you, as I'm working in the background to get a subscription in place that will allow all of us to contribute individually and anonymously.

As you review this draft board, please consider the following questions so that you are ready to add to the live version in the near future.
  1. What solutions would ease your challenges surrounding OAeBU data reporting?
  2. Beyond the press director, are there other roles/staff at your organization working with eBook usage data? (e.g. grant writers, communications, data curators, etc.)
  3. Do you have other challenges or activities that aren't yet on the board?
I'll be back in touch as soon as I have the link for you to directly interact with the board, which I hope will be next week.

Until then, best regards,

Christina
use-case-brainstorming-GroupMap.pdf

Charles Watkinson

Jul 11, 2020, 7:11:20 AM7/11/20
to oaebu-data-trust-uni...@googlegroups.com
Dear Christina,

This looks like a very promising tool. As you conclude its design, I'd be interested to know whether the best approach to populating it for my press would be (a) for me to interview the other relevant stakeholders (I definitely know that the Editorial Director and Sales/Marketing Director use usage data, at least) or (b) to ask them to populate a use case themselves. I suspect for consistency it would be better if I take approach (a) but which approach would work best would be helpful guidance to receive when you launch the tool.

All best wishes,

Charles

--
This message was generated through one of the OA eBook Usage Data Trust community forums. Learn more about this Andrew W. Mellon supported 2020-2021 pilot project at https://educopia.org/data_trust/.
---

Christina Drummond

Jul 14, 2020, 9:50:53 AM7/14/20
to oaebu-data-trust-uni...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Charles,

My apologies for the delayed response, as I had an eye appointment yesterday morning and was completely unable to use a screen for most of the day.

I will have a url to share that will allow participants to directly, anonymously add to the boards. As facilitator, I can then group responses before presenting them back to the full group for voting. I imagine it will be easiest to distribute the workload and invite those positions to add their own virtual stickies; however, there is no objection to you acting as a translator who aggregates all responses for your organization.

Since the goal of this board is to create a generic use-case across institutions and surface topics that may be institution specific, I don't foresee having more than one contributor from an institution as a problem. That said, I'm always up for a debate, so please let me know if you think otherwise.

Best regards,
Christina

Christina Drummond, CIPP/US, M.A. International Science and Technology Policy
Data Trust Program Officer
Working from Columbus, OH USA | EDT Timezone (GMT-4)