Springer Nature OA usage data analysis

Christina Drummond

Sep 15, 2020, 4:18:08 PM9/15/20
to oaebu-data-trust-uni...@googlegroups.com

Greetings Everyone:

I just wanted to share a link to a recent publication showcasing OA usage analytics at Springer Nature, completed in partnership with COARD. To quote Ms. Pyne, the analysis found that, "OA helps books to reach more readers in more countries, including a large number of low-income and lower-middle-income countries."

If you come across published examples of how presses are leveraging usage data, please don't hesitate to share it here, as this helps to inform our data trust use-cases.

Enjoy,

Christina

-----------------------------
Christina Drummond
OAeBU Data Trust Program Officer
Educopia Institute
Working from Columbus, OH USA | EDT Timezone (GMT-4)

Beth Fuget

Sep 16, 2020, 3:14:58 AM9/16/20
to oaebu-data-trust-uni...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

For those who haven’t yet read the report, it’s worth noting that it highlights the importance of the OAeBU project:

“Further work is needed to explore the effects of OA on books across a wider range of publishers and to take into account downloads from third-party platforms and aggregators. The work of the Exploring Open Access eBook Usage (OAeBU) project to develop a pilot data trust will be an important first step.”

All the best,

Beth

--
This message was generated through one of the OA eBook Usage Data Trust community forums. Learn more about this Andrew W. Mellon supported 2020-2021 pilot project at https://educopia.org/data_trust/.