OA eBU Data Trust Policy Working Group

Alexander, Patrick

Jun 30, 2020, 11:18:57 AM6/30/20
to oaebu-data-trust-uni...@googlegroups.com

Greetings. Nice to see so many familiar names as well as new ones. I’m Patrick Alexander, director of Penn State University Press since 2009. I have been active in OA publishing since 2007 when I joined PSUP as editor-in-chief. I have participated in OA conversations with colleagues from the library community predating TOME and served a few years on a SPARC advisory committee. Penn State UP has two OA journals and a number of OA monographs. We have participated in KU and other efforts to fund OA publishing.  I, too, am eager to learn from the experience of this group and look forward very much to working with you all.

Patrick

signature_600394140

Patrick H. Alexander
Director
814.867.2209

Penn State University Press
820 N. University Dr., USB 1, Ste. C
University Park, PA 16802-1003

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9455-2524

www.psupress.org

www.eisenbrauns.org

/Users/pha3/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1441028020  Member of ALPSP Council 2019–2021

Matheson, Laurie C

Jul 1, 2020, 4:59:36 PM7/1/20
to oaebu-data-trust-uni...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone. I am Laurie Matheson, director of the University of Illinois Press since 2015 (on the UIP staff since 1996). We have 2 OA journals and a handful of OA books at present, plus participating in the temporary open access for most of our books and journals through JSTOR and UPSO. We are in the process of finalizing an OA policy for the Press and would like to foreground OA among our strategic priorities in the next few years. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you all!

Laurie

Laurie Matheson

Director, University of Illinois Press

lmat...@illinois.edu