Beta Specification Release!

Robert Sanderson

Aug 11, 2011, 11:57:49 AM8/11/11
to oac-d...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We're very happy to announce the release of the Beta version of the
Open Annotation data model.

http://www.openannotation.org/spec/beta/

This follows on from discussions at the Workshop held in March in
Chicago, and should inform the experiments currently starting up after
the awards made from the RFP.

There are no changes from the Alpha3 model, only additions and clarifications.
In particular:
* There is a discussion document
(http://www.openannotation.org/spec/beta/precedence.html) about how to
deal with multiple constraints. Any feedback on this issue is greatly
appreciated.
* There is clarification of the machine readable body annotation
pattern in the Guidelines document.
* There is a document listing the different types of constraint known,
and a wiki area set up for community development of further
constraints.
* There is a document that will list different types (classes) of
annotation, and the same sort of wiki area for development.

Any typos or errors are mine, please let me know if you see any!

Further examples will be available over the next few weeks, and we
welcome any submissions of new example documents.

Many thanks,

Rob