W3C Open Annotation Community Draft release

Robert Sanderson

May 4, 2012, 4:14:29 PM5/4/12
to oac-d...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

In collaboration with the folks from the Annotation Ontology
specification, we have completed the initial merger of our two
approaches. The documents linked below represent the result of 6
months concerted effort, two face to face meetings and some initial
feedback from invited experts from both groups plus the W3C. We
believe that they represent a good consensus of best practices and
cross-community requests from all of the stakeholders, including of
course the people on this list :)

The Open Annotation Community Group:
http://www.w3.org/community/openannotation/

The Core Specification:
http://www.openannotation/spec/core/

And the Extensions Specification:
http://www.openannotation/spec/extension/

The Community Group is free to join, your institution does not need to
be a member of the W3C. We would prefer to keep discussion of these
documents on the W3C lists, rather than crossing between the various
modes of communication of OAC, AO and the W3C. If you choose not to
join, we will do our best to represent any views discussed here, but
you are your own best advocate :)

We look forwards to your feedback!

Many thanks,

Rob Sanderson, Paolo Ciccarese and Herbert Van de Sompel