[OA-Vic-Announcements] OA Meeting, Clothing, Bakesale Success & More!

Dave Shishkoff

May 10, 2010, 11:31:39 PM5/10/10
to OA-Vic-Announcements, OA-Victoria
Hey everyone! A number of reminders and updates:

Our monthly meeting is on Wednesday (May 12th), come out and chat with other
local-minded people! Also, there may be some goodies, with more cupcakes
from the Team sponsor Pink Sugar (half a dozen people enjoyed these last
month!) and samples of the new Smoothie To Go product from Vega.. If we use
bribes, will more people come out? Meeting officially begins at 6:30 at
Green Cuisine (in Market Square). Come at 6pm if you'd like to get a bite
to eat first.

2010 OrganicAthlete Victoria custom Team clothing is now at the ordering
stage! If you'd like to get OA jerseys, running singlets, biking skinsuits
or trisuits, let me know ASAP! You can check them online here, note that the
prices are nearly at cost, so a great deal:

http://thevictoriavegan.com/organicathletevictoria/files/2010-jersey.pdf

http://thevictoriavegan.com/organicathletevictoria/files/2010-singlet.pdf

The full range of gear is at http://organicathlete.org

OA Vic helped with the vegan bakesale a couple weeks ago, and contributed
over $700 in prizes for a raffle, which raised over $1,000 to print more of
Friends of Animals' Vegan Starter Guides. Very cool.

OrganicAthlete is running a contest to encourage Chapter members to get
together and be more active for great prizes! A Chapter can earn points
whenever 2 or more members do an activity together, and post it on the OA
Forum. Our Chapter is doing pretty good, but it would be great to get more
people involved! Sign into the Forum and post a note if you'd like to get
involved! Post what activities you get up to, and hopefully other people
will want to join in. Check it out here:

http://www.organicathlete.org/forums/posts.asp?topic=106731

Let's win this thing!

Finally, every two months OA Vic does an order with our supporting companies
Vega and Purica, and we get a significant discount on their products. If
you'd like to get in on these (the next order will be in a few days), please
get back to me.

Hopefully see you at the meeting, RSVP's always appreciated!

- Dave, OA Vic Pres
http://victoria.organicathlete.org