OA Vic Membership Info, Discounts!

Dave Shishkoff

Sep 11, 2009, 4:18:12 PM9/11/09
to OA-Victoria, OA-Vic-Announcements
Hi all!

Did you know that being a card-carrying member of OrganicAthlete Victoria gets you discounts at several places in town?

There are two levels of membership with OA, one is to the 'main' organization in the US, which is totally free. You can sign up on the website: http://www.OrganicAthlete.org

Secondly, you can become a member of the Victoria Chapter, which has a sliding scale annual membership fee of $15-35 (pay what you feel is appropriate for you!)

With that membership fee you get our memberhip card which gets you significant discounts at places across town that would be of interest to an OA member.

Discounts for members include:

* 10% off at Green Cuisine Vegetarian Restaurant
* 15% off at Oak Bay Bikes
* 10% off at the Victoria Soap Exchange
* 10% off at Pink Sugar Cupcakery (vegan cupcake shop!)
* Student Rate pricing at Crag X Climbing Gym

Plus, our group does bi-monthly orders of Vega products, and we get wholesale prices (almost 50% off retail!)  Links to these businesses can be found here: http://victoria.organicathlete.org/membership

To sign up, join OA on the 'main' website (no fee), and then fire me an email, and we'll get you to send us a cheque or cash locally.

Those membership fees are in turn used to promote our local group, tabling at events and organizing sporting events (last year a duathlon and sponsoring track racing events, this year a mountain bike race series, and right now a cyclocross 'Learn to Race' clinic series).  We also hold monthly meetings, and anyone is welcome to join us and discuss issues of interest, particularly vegan sports nutrition, and meeting like-minded people.  Our next meeting will be Thursday, October 15th.

We also have a bike team (would you like to join us?) that has had numerous successes this season, and athletes competing in other sports, such as running and triathlon!  You can check out a listing of our member's achievements here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pnfzlMjRxwTsEWTpK45rFcg

OA is a vegan organization, essentially fusing the Olympic spirit with organic values, and you can help us do that here!

Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for your support!

Dave Shishkoff
President, OA Victoria