Scholar uses of OA ebook usage data

已查看 3 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Christina Drummond

未读,
2021年3月5日 11:21:302021/3/5
收件人 oa-ebu-data-trust-a...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Everyone,

First of all, thank you for joining this virtual group of authors and scholars interested in OA eBook Usage (OAeBU).  While there hasn't been much list traffic to date, your contribution of a few hours over the next few months will help us to make sure that usage data reports meet the needs of scholars such as yourselves.

A core aim of our research project is to understand and document how different roles and stakeholders work with OAeBU data. Earlier this year, our project partnered with the Towards an Open Monograph Ecosystem (TOME) effort to host a workshop with authors to understand their needs for OA book usage data. The results of that discussion are now documented in a draft Scholar OA eBook Usage Data Use Case google doc. This outline document reflects scholars' own descriptions of what they could do with usage and engagement information as authors, editors, and on P&T review committees.

As a scholar, can you review, comment, and add detail to this four page outline document by March 19th, 2021
After public comments are received in March, this document will feed into a publication of OA monograph usage data use cases to inform entities looking to provide scholars with such information.  By raising awareness of what you need, we hope to provide insights to those who create and provide dashboards and reports.

I look forward to reviewing your contributions to the collaborative draft. Also - please feel free to share this call for comments on social media (tagging @OAeBU_Project) or other scholar-focused listservs. The more feedback we receive, the more we can share with the broader publishing ecosystem.

On behalf of the many who will benefit, thank you for your time on this!

Best regards,
Christina
Christina Drummond
OAeBU Data Trust Program Officer
Educopia Institute
Working from Columbus, OH USA | EST Timezone (UTC-5)
Schedule a meeting via: http://calendly.com/drummond_ei
回复全部
回复作者
转发