Webbase == Openhost == Webdrive?

Hesky

Jan 24, 2011, 9:49:24 PM1/24/11
to NZ PHP Users Group
Are they the same company? or at least run by the same support team?

Which one of them would you recommend for a few basic php mysql
website hosting? Thanks guys.

Keri Henare

Jan 31, 2011, 4:45:19 PM1/31/11
to nzp...@googlegroups.com
I believe that OpenHost and WebBase are co-located at WebDrive, or
else reselling WebDrive but are independent companies.

> --
> NZ PHP Users Group: http://groups.google.com/group/nzphpug
> To post, send email to nzp...@googlegroups.com

Jochen Daum

Jan 31, 2011, 4:48:04 PM1/31/11
to nzp...@googlegroups.com
On 1 February 2011 10:45, Keri Henare <keri.mai...@henare.co.nz> wrote:
> I believe that OpenHost and WebBase are co-located at WebDrive, or
> else reselling WebDrive but are independent companies.

No. See http://www.webdrive.co.nz/company/acquisitions.php

HTH, Jochen

Jochen Daum

Jan 31, 2011, 4:48:35 PM1/31/11
to nzp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 25 January 2011 15:49, Hesky <hji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are they the same company? or at least run by the same support team?

Yes they are. Standard ISP growth strategy is acquisition it appears -
there seem to be enough people accumulating hosting at below sales
cost.

> Which one of them would you recommend for a few basic php mysql
> website hosting? Thanks guys.

Because I like webdrive.co.nz services (shared, server, all) I never
looked further. There's a reseller version, which makes sense from 2
websites +.

HTH.

Keri Henare

Jan 31, 2011, 4:52:50 PM1/31/11
to nzp...@googlegroups.com
Um... I sent that email 5 years ago :D

Paul Bennett

Jan 31, 2011, 5:04:30 PM1/31/11
to nzp...@googlegroups.com
For the uninformed, Keri regularly drives one of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:STA70120.JPG

Hesky Ji

Feb 1, 2011, 4:31:23 AM2/1/11
to nzp...@googlegroups.com
thanks guys.

The only thing I don't like about the webdrive's resellers hosting is that they charge subdomains as normal add-on sites.

Regards
Hesky