Re: [phpug] Digest for nzphpug@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 1 topic

Michael Hill

Aug 5, 2018, 8:25:18 PM8/5/18
to nzp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Give this a go - you can set up your own hosting for this with many edge servers and is very customisable for your needs.

This will encode and stream or you can do VOD

Cheers
Mike

On 25 July 2018 at 20:49, <nzp...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
teedave <tee...@gmail.com>: Jul 24 07:21PM -0700

Hi all,
Can anyone recommend a NZ based service, assuming there is one, that
can dynamically transcode/optimise/deliver video as it is requested by the
user.
And if there are no NZ-based ones, has anyone had a positive/negative
experience with such a service?
We've briefly looked at Zencoder, Coconut, Anvato, Bitmovin and Qencode who
all seem like they'll do the job, but of course are not NZ-based
Any pointers appreciated as we take on such a task for the first time!
Thanks
Dave T
Berend de Boer <ber...@pobox.com>: Jul 25 02:24PM +1200

teedave> And if there are no NZ-based ones, has anyone had a
teedave> positive/negative experience with such a service?

Amazon AWS does this too: Amazon Elastic Transcoder.

--
All the best,

Berend de Boer
Alexei Tenitski <ale...@ten.net.nz>: Jul 25 02:52PM +1200

Try these guys https://www.jwplayer.com
You can use either their player or their video processing or both

Cheers
Alexei

teedave wrote on 25/07/18 14:21:
teedave <tee...@gmail.com>: Jul 24 08:06PM -0700

Thanks Berend and Alexei, will add them to the list to check out
Cheers

On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 2:52:54 PM UTC+12, Alexei Tenitski wrote:

Mike Hill
Email:  mi...@hill.net.nz
Phone: 021 758 222
Web: http://joshua.net.nz or http://www.sand.net.nz

WARNING: This email and any file transmitted with it are confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. You must not copy or deliver it to any other person or use the contents in any unauthorised manner without express permission of the sender. If you are not the intended addressee of this e-mail, please delete it and notify the sender as soon as possible.

All outgoing emails and attached files are virus scanned, but we do not represent that this email and any attached files are free from computer viruses or other defects. Further, we do not accept any liability for any damage caused by this email or attachments.

Michael Hill

Aug 5, 2018, 8:26:39 PM8/5/18
to nzp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Also, talk to e-cast.co.nz as they are all over this space and are NZ based.

Cheers
Mike