NZ-based video hosting/transcoding/delivery service

teedave

Jul 24, 2018, 10:21:46 PM7/24/18
to NZ PHP Users Group
Hi all,
Can anyone recommend a NZ based service, assuming there is one, that can dynamically transcode/optimise/deliver video as it is requested by the user.
And if there are no NZ-based ones, has anyone had a positive/negative experience with such a service?
We've briefly looked at Zencoder, Coconut, Anvato, Bitmovin and Qencode who all seem like they'll do the job, but of course are not NZ-based
Any pointers appreciated as we take on such a task for the first time!
Thanks
Dave T

Berend de Boer

Jul 24, 2018, 10:25:05 PM7/24/18
to nzp...@googlegroups.com

teedave> And if there are no NZ-based ones, has anyone had a
teedave> positive/negative experience with such a service?

Amazon AWS does this too: Amazon Elastic Transcoder.

--
All the best,

Berend de Boer

Alexei Tenitski

Jul 24, 2018, 10:52:54 PM7/24/18
to nzp...@googlegroups.com
Try these guys https://www.jwplayer.com
You can use either their player or their video processing or both

Cheers
Alexei

teedave wrote on 25/07/18 14:21:
> --
> --
> NZ PHP Users Group: http://groups.google.com/group/nzphpug
> To post, send email to nzp...@googlegroups.com

teedave

Jul 24, 2018, 11:06:57 PM7/24/18
to NZ PHP Users Group
Thanks Berend and Alexei, will add them to the list to check out
Cheers