Barcamp / LCA2010 'Open in the Public Sector' mini conf follow up meeting

1 view

Rainer Spittel

Jan 20, 2010, 2:32:58 PM1/20/10
to NZ Open Govt Data Barcamp and Hackfest
Hi guys,

I attended to the 'Open and the Public Sector' mini conference at the
LCA2010 this week.

It was a real good session. Thanks to the organisers (I am not listing
names because I actually don't know the complete list of people who
helped organising this event).
Next day, a short article appeared on ComputerWorld.co.nz (see:
http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/devt/5EAA50F522DC292BCC2576B0006BA5C0
).

Cut a long story short, I wonder if we should have a meeting to follow
up on recent events, talk about further possible steps, thoughts and
talk about plans for 2010.

What are your thoughts?

Suggestion: Wednesday the 03/02/2010 (5:30pm) at Trax ?

Cheers,
Rainer

Mark Harris

Jan 20, 2010, 4:01:47 PM1/20/10
to nzopengo...@googlegroups.com
On 21/01/10 8:32 AM, Rainer Spittel wrote:
> I attended to the 'Open and the Public Sector' mini conference at the
> LCA2010 this week.

Was a very good day.

> It was a real good session. Thanks to the organisers (I am not listing
> names because I actually don't know the complete list of people who
> helped organising this event).

Credit mainly to Daniel Spector, who was also a stalwart of our barcamp
last year.

Pretty accurate, if under a crap headline ;-)

> Cut a long story short, I wonder if we should have a meeting to follow
> up on recent events, talk about further possible steps, thoughts and
> talk about plans for 2010.
>
> What are your thoughts?

Yep, agree totally, and would be happy to be part of that.

> Suggestion: Wednesday the 03/02/2010 (5:30pm) at Trax ?

Sounds good to me. I'll see you there.
Thanks for posting, Rainer.

Cheers

~mark

K Buehler

Jan 20, 2010, 5:26:18 PM1/20/10
to nzopengo...@googlegroups.com
I can be there!

Colin Jackson

Jan 20, 2010, 9:50:58 PM1/20/10
to nzopengo...@googlegroups.com
I'll try...definitely interested. Colin

Courtney Johnston

Jan 20, 2010, 10:13:48 PM1/20/10
to nzopengo...@googlegroups.com
Barring disaster, I'll see you all there.

And just to bring this info up to the top again:

Wednesday the 03/02/2010 (5:30pm) at Trax (at the railway station)