Software Freedom Day Wellington Invite!

Glynn Foster

Sep 3, 2009, 6:17:47 PM9/3/09
to NZ Open Govt Data Barcamp and Hackfest
Hi all,

As some of you may be aware, we're organizing another event in
Wellington on September 20th (9am-6pm) at the Town Hall and Convention
Center in co-ordination with a worldwide event - Software Freedom Day
- to celebrate the use of free and open source software, open
standards, open data and open APIs (in education, in government, in
business - in short, everywhere!).

http://www.softwarefreedomday.org.nz/

I think there's a pretty good amount of overlap with the NZ Open Govt
Data Barcamp, and I think there will be a lot of crossover in terms of
content and discussion there.

We're planning multiple events during the day - a barcamp, a hackfest,
an installfest, a makerspace and techtalks - but also expanding from
last year to include a special programme for kids and students to
introduce them to the world of free and open source software.

The event is free to attend, and we'd love to see you there. If you
are planning to attend, please don't forget to register at

http://www.softwarefreedomday.org.nz/Register/

We'll have free coffee, free wifi and a selection of prizes to give
away during the day!

If you're like to advertise it around the place you work, we have a
poster that can be downloaded and printed out - your help is
appreciated!

http://www.gnome.org/~gman/img/september/sfd-poster.pdf

thanks!
Glynn
(on behalf of the Software Freedom Day Team)