Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums get together

Stuart A. Yeates

Aug 31, 2009, 11:40:32 PM8/31/09
to nzopengo...@googlegroups.com
In Saturday's session on the GLAM sector, I made reference to a
regular get-together of GLAM techies, and a number of people showed
interest.

The rules are pretty simple:
(a) 2 hours every six weeks (+ pub afterward)
(b) hosting to rotate among participants
(c) the host agency gets a brief presentation followed by
presentations on the topic of the day
(d) the topic is decided at the preceding meeting
(e) attendance not compulsory and agencies encouraged to rotate participants
(f) no vendors / commercial parties

The first event was hosted by Te Papa and the second is to be hosted
by us at the NZETC (i.e. the library up at Victoria).

Anyone interested can drop me an email for an invite.

cheers
stuart

Ravi Shamihoke

Sep 1, 2009, 5:28:06 AM9/1/09