On the medical bent while were at Davids little snip

Jonnie

Jul 10, 2001, 4:10:21 AM7/10/01
I discovered just last week what a sinus problem really was. I've got an egg
in mine and it has to be born at some stage, preferably before it
reprocates. But I digress, when their going to birth the "egg" their going
to cut along the ridge of my nose and stop at my lip, then they will roll
the skin back, a bit like a carpet I imagine or maybe a foreskin (the mind
boggles). Then remove the mass, repair the septum which it has grown over
and restore my sinus to near normal. This will neccesitate having two black
eyes, microsurgery (hopefully it won't scar or I'll sue I tell you and the
surgeon has been warned) to attach my nose back onto my face and a few weeks
wasting my holiday time.. ....

how absolutely ghastly I tell you !

but back to Davids little snip..

cheers y'all

David Herkt

Jul 10, 2001, 5:22:01 AM7/10/01
"Jonnie" <jon...@bigppond.net.au> wrote in message

> I discovered just last week what a sinus problem really was. I've got an
egg
> in mine and it has to be born at some stage, preferably before it
> reprocates. But I digress, when their going to birth the "egg" their going
> to cut along the ridge of my nose and stop at my lip, then they will roll
> the skin back, a bit like a carpet I imagine or maybe a foreskin (the mind
> boggles). Then remove the mass, repair the septum which it has grown over
> and restore my sinus to near normal. This will neccesitate having two
black
> eyes, microsurgery (hopefully it won't scar or I'll sue I tell you and the
> surgeon has been warned) to attach my nose back onto my face and a few
weeks
> wasting my holiday time.. ....

Back to my little snip! Mind it does sound like you could get any plastic
surgery you wanted along the way for no extra cost. Are you doing Oz
Medicare or private?

D.

Calum Bennachie

Jul 10, 2001, 7:27:01 AM7/10/01

"Jonnie" <jon...@bigppond.net.au> wrote in message

But after having it str8ned, you feel oh so good, and really know what it's
like to breathe :-)

The only thing is, it takes a week or so to get your sense of smell back,
but then, because all the new nasal nerves have been exposed, you *really*
know what it is like to smell everything. I was on the way up to Vinegar
Hill campsite when I was getting my sense of smell back and could smell
silage pits at 5km.

Calum

Bird!

Jul 10, 2001, 8:24:43 AM7/10/01
On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:10:21 GMT, "Jonnie" <jon...@bigppond.net.au>
wrote:

I hope it all goes well for you. : )

Bird!

JohnM

Jul 10, 2001, 1:23:24 PM7/10/01
In article <NLy27.10342$4B5....@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Jonnie
<jon...@bigppond.net.au> writes

>how absolutely ghastly I tell you !

Oh, swdi. This ng is getting like ER ! All the best.

PS - If I had such an op in the nose I'd go for a nose-job
as well. Believe me I need it.
--
JohnM - who has lived for 10 years with a nosal polyps.

Dwayne Carnachan

Jul 10, 2001, 4:07:42 PM7/10/01
On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:27:01 +1200, "Calum Bennachie"
<bennachie...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

>But after having it str8ned, you feel oh so good, and really know what it's
>like to breathe :-)

good grief! gall bladders, sinus problems, is there anything you
havent been operated on for Calum swdi :-)
-----------------------------
DC

Jonnie

Jul 11, 2001, 3:15:33 AM7/11/01

"David Herkt" <dhe...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

> "Jonnie" <jon...@bigppond.net.au> wrote in message
> Back to my little snip! Mind it does sound like you could get any plastic
> surgery you wanted along the way for no extra cost. Are you doing Oz
> Medicare or private?
>
> D.
Private David, I would not trust my life let alone what looks I have to a
mediocre surgeon for quids. And the mess Medicare is in is to be believed,
mind you Kim Beazley will run it off the cliff when he gets in.

Have I told you about *my* liver...... *cackle*

cheers y'all

Calum Bennachie

Jul 11, 2001, 7:47:35 AM7/11/01

"Dwayne Carnachan" <dwa...@waikato.ac.nz> wrote in message

Yes. My heart is 100% perfect. And my lungs have only been subjected to
passive smoking. And my pancreas and spleen are running well. My right
kidney is more than effective (having to make up for the deficiency in the
left). According to the tests, my liver is okay too (but given the gall
bladder problems, I have my doubts sometimes). I also have a very high pain
tolerance, and some anaesthetics have little effect on me (using lignocaine
is like using saline). And I've only had:

1) appendectomy at 9
2) pyloplasty at 24 (This still gives problems but I get given lovely drugs
to stop the pain)
3) hernia (skiing too soon after the pyloplasty) at 26 (under epidural, and
I kept trying to see what they were doing)
3.5) something on my left foot to get the rust out after I stood on a rusty
mail which was done at the same time as the hernia op
4) another thing done to my left foot as the scarring from the first op was
too bad and caused me to limp at 28
5) septoplasty at 38

I sliced my left hand on a cat food tin lid when I was 25 and needed
stitches. I have had measles, mumps and chicken pox when young. The flu
every year while in Scotland, (but not since I arrived here in 1973). The
cold every year in Scotland (but none since arriving here). I get hayfever,
though that has reduced since the septoplasty. I've been given my Hep B
shots, but caught hep A when it was going around Vic in 1996- I was really
sick for 4 days and sort of sick for two weeks, but I still can't stand the
smell of KFC (I could avoid walking past the fish and chip shop at the
bottom of the hill, but could not avoid walking past KFC, and felt very sick
when I could smell it). I had my TB shots, and tetanus shots, am not afraid
of needles, but can't stick one in me. At certain times of the year, I get
some trouble with asthma. I get migraines in clusters during March-May.
And I am night blind, and need glasses- I can't see a foot in front of me
without them (if their pubes are in focus, they're lying). I have a problem
with my back and see the chiropractor about it. I scar badly.

And since the septoplasty, I haven't had sinus problems, or the continually
recurring sore throat I used to get from post nasal drip caused by near
continuous sinusitis. (After going to the Gay Men's Health Centre in
Melbourne 4 times in as many weeks, the (really cute) doctor asked me if I
had been giving head to lots of people as there was oral gonorrhoea going
round at the time- and no, it wasn't that).

Calum
(who after reading all that is beginning to wonder as well)
(And I also saw this joke today in SIN Magazine at work. It is published by
the South Australian Sex Industry Network, and given what is currently
before our Parliament, is of particular note.

MP1- "I really don't know what I am going to do about this Prostitution
Bill."
MP2- "Pay it!")

Kerry

Jul 11, 2001, 8:22:06 AM7/11/01
On Wed, 11 Jul 2001 23:47:35 +1200, "Calum Bennachie"
<bennachie...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

>though that has reduced since the septoplasty. I've been given my Hep B
>shots, but caught hep A when it was going around Vic in 1996- I was really
>sick for 4 days and sort of sick for two weeks

Did that coincide with the Cover Your Arse campaign at the sex on
site/sight venues around town? That was 1996 too. Sexual health
before they were closed down to allow a more expensive operator do
carry the can.

Great campaign

But I digress

"Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained
by stupidity."

Calum Bennachie

Jul 11, 2001, 8:31:11 AM7/11/01

"Kerry" <ker...@remove.this.bit.ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

> On Wed, 11 Jul 2001 23:47:35 +1200, "Calum Bennachie"
> <bennachie...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>

> >though that has reduced since the septoplasty. I've been given my Hep B
> >shots, but caught hep A when it was going around Vic in 1996- I was
really
> >sick for 4 days and sort of sick for two weeks
>

> Did that coincide with the Cover Your Arse campaign at the sex on
> site/sight venues around town? That was 1996 too. Sexual health
> before they were closed down to allow a more expensive operator do
> carry the can.
>
> Great campaign
>
> But I digress

The CYA campaign came about because of the outbreak at Vic uni and other
places. Seeing me in pain like that was enough to convince my flatmate to
get his hep shots. The CYA campaign did not convince him to use dental
dams. He got a lot of parasite infections- some of them quite unique.
There was also a hep B thing that was going around at the same time I think.

Calum