How Ardern is now being seen overseas

Tony

Oct 3, 2022, 3:04:45 PM10/3/22

JohnO

Oct 3, 2022, 3:19:50 PM10/3/22
On Tuesday, 4 October 2022 at 08:04:45 UTC+13, Tony wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO2WL5zGC08
> Time for a change

Check out what Glenn Greenwald has to say about Ardern's attack on free speech:

"This is the face of authoritarianism – even though it looks different than you were taught to expect. And it’s the mindset of tyrants everywhere,” Greenwald wrote. “This is someone so inebriated by her sense of righteousness and superiority that she views dissent as an evil too dangerous to allow."

The PM is attempting to suppress free speech. The police, through an politically appointed lapdog commissioner, have been routinely misusing their powers - even falsifying a stolen vehicle report to gain access to surveillance apparatus. The state is taking control of the media through PIJF bribes and mergers to control it.

This is how fascism works.

Crash

Oct 3, 2022, 4:46:28 PM10/3/22
While our PM made a number of disconcerting comments in her address to
the UN it is also true that NZ has dismantled all the COVID measures
that limited our freedom. If we still had our freedoms limited in any
way then this speech would be a major concern. Her words, therefore,
don't match her Governments actions.

That said, a change of Government is indeed due because Labour in
government has poured money into several major initiatives (such as
Mental Health) for no gain.

So a change of government but what are the options? National are
vastly different now compared to previous National Governments - all
senior leaders that produced the results from 2008 to 2017 are gone.
What chance their replacements will do any better at delivery than
Labour?

When Ms Ardern was anointed PM in 2017 she was very new to the Labour
leadership but had served multiple terms as an MP and was deputy
leader. This was the end point of a transition that started when
Helen Clark resigned as leader after defeat in the 2008 election.

While Luxon has significant leadership experience it is commercial by
nature and politics is so different. He suffers from being elected as
National's Parliamentary leader in his rookie term as an MP - an
impediment that is inappropriate for a new PM.

So a change of government next year is far from certain, not because
of the current government but because National are not yet in a
position to fill the role with credible and experienced MPs stepping
up to Cabinet and PM.

--
Crash McBash

Tony

Oct 3, 2022, 7:57:32 PM10/3/22
Crash I largely agree. However with the co-governance issues, the failure of
this government to meet any of their significant promises and the threat of
removal of freedom of expression by Ardern I would be happy to see a National
Act coalition government. Whetehr it will happen or not is a different matter
but I believe it would be less bad than the present.

Gordon

Oct 3, 2022, 8:12:39 PM10/3/22
When people can understand/see that Labour is not as it was some years ago,
it is not avocating for the working class but their own agenda, then all
will collaspe.

It is so strange that the concept of what are liberal and what conservative
Governments is changing.

Tony

Oct 4, 2022, 8:24:45 PM10/4/22
Yes it is in the Marxist bible apparently but Ardern would know that by heart.