RIP Efeso Collins

JohnO

Feb 20, 2024, 4:47:53 PMFeb 20
Tragic, sad news.

Gordon

Feb 20, 2024, 4:57:18 PMFeb 20
On 2024-02-20, JohnO <john...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tragic, sad news.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 20, 2024, 5:22:09 PMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 13:47:51 -0800 (PST), JohnO wrote:

> Tragic, sad news.

So young.

I remember him being a strong liaison for the Pasifika community during
the worst of Covid-19, ensuring that they were not marginalized in terms
of information about prevention and vaccination.

Tony

Feb 20, 2024, 6:36:40 PMFeb 20
JohnO <john...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Tragic, sad news.
Yes tragic, one of the few MPs that actually cared about people.

Willy Nilly

Feb 20, 2024, 7:04:32 PMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
>So young.
>I remember him being a strong liaison for the Pasifika community during
>the worst of Covid-19, ensuring that they were not marginalized in terms
>of information about prevention and vaccination.

This has "vaccine death" written all over it. What were you saying
about "selective memory", Lawrence?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 20, 2024, 7:53:16 PMFeb 20
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 00:04:23 GMT, Willy Nilly wrote:

> This has "vaccine death" written all over it.

Still stuck on that obsession, are you?

Willy Nilly

Feb 20, 2024, 8:23:32 PMFeb 20
Just concerned for your well-being.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 20, 2024, 9:06:03 PMFeb 20
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 01:23:23 GMT, Willy Nilly wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2024, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 00:04:23 GMT, Willy Nilly wrote:
>
>>> This has "vaccine death" written all over it.
>>
>>Still stuck on that obsession, are you?
>
> [crap]

If he had myocarditis, he wouldn’t have been on his feet. He would have
been sick in bed.

Willy Nilly

Feb 20, 2024, 9:34:17 PMFeb 20
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
>If he had myocarditis, he wouldn’t have been on his feet. He would have
>been sick in bed.

Let's see if the coroner findings are made public, but I certainly
don't expect them to blame the vaccine because they never do.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 20, 2024, 10:12:20 PMFeb 20
But then, you would say that, wouldn’t you?

Ras Mikaere

Feb 20, 2024, 11:23:45 PMFeb 20

UNCLE TOM COLLINS,
THE MOLDY FUNGUS TOKELAU MARXIST GREEN SCHLOBB.

Rich80105

Feb 21, 2024, 12:11:17 AMFeb 21
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 23:36:37 GMT, Tony <lizan...@orcon.net.nz>
wrote:

>JohnO <john...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Tragic, sad news.
>Yes tragic, one of the few MPs that actually cared about people.

I agree. He was seen in different contexts, and some of those
different ways of remembering him are coming through:

https://subslack.substack.com/p/efeso-collins

https://vimeo.com/913187002
(and from that speech:
"It's hard to be poor, it's expensive to be poor, and moreover, public
discourse is making it socially unacceptable to be poor. Whether it's
bashing on beneficiaries, dragging our feet towards a living wage,
throwing shade on school breakfast programmes, or restricting people's
ability to collectively bargain for fairer working conditions, we must
do better to lift aspirations and the lived realities of all our
people. To that end, I want to say to this House with complete surety
that the neoliberal experiment of the 1980s has failed. The economics
of creating unemployment to manage inflation is farcical when domestic
inflation in New Zealand has been driven by big corporates making
excessive profits. It's time to draw a line in the sand, and alongside
my colleagues here in Te Pati Kakariki, we've come as the pallbearers
of neoliberalism, to bury these shallow, insufferable ideas once and
for all. And this, sir, is our act of love." )

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350187638/efeso-collins-longtime-public-servant-who-hoped-fight-poverty-mp

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/faanana-efeso-collins-was-a-politician-of-heart-and-soul-simon-wilson/WZ43K7HTRJF45JP6HO6BXLX7BA/

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/focus-christopher-luxon-speaks-about-efeso-collins/AZQAJNAKN6Y542DG7MKZQ35H3Q/

Tony

Feb 21, 2024, 12:52:20 AMFeb 21
Of course you have to provide an example of when he was criticising a political
belief that you hate.
Just a humble agreement that he is a loss to the human race would have been
nice - but you don't do that.
You have nothing beyond politics and that includes humility.

Tony

Feb 21, 2024, 12:55:25 AMFeb 21
Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
>On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 02:34:09 GMT, Willy Nilly wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 21 Feb 2024, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>If he had myocarditis, he wouldn’t have been on his feet. He would have
>>>been sick in bed.
>>
>> Let's see if the coroner findings are made public, but I certainly don't
>> expect them to blame the vaccine because they never do.
>
>But then, you would say that, wouldn’t you?
And you would disagree wouldn't you.
Obsession can be for or against an idea or action etc.
An example is Palestine right or wrong, Israel always wrong or in some cases
the reverse. Both are nonsense.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 21, 2024, 1:18:40 AMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 05:55:22 GMT, Tony wrote:

> And you would disagree wouldn't you.

Unlike some people, I don’t make things up.

<https://www.heartfoundation.org.nz/your-heart/heart-conditions/myocarditis>

Tony

Feb 21, 2024, 1:35:22 AMFeb 21
Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
You have yet to prove that anybody has made anything up - wishful thinking
perhaps?
There are too many questions about the safety of the Covid vaccines to be
presumptive. After all Galileo was imprisoned at home for saying that the sun
was at the centre of our solar system.

Rich80105

Feb 21, 2024, 3:51:27 AMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 06:35:19 GMT, Tony <lizan...@orcon.net.nz>
wrote:
I agree Tony. To presume that the death of Efeso Collins death had
anything to do with either Covid Vaccines or Galileo would indeed be
presumptive.

Tony

Feb 21, 2024, 1:41:51 PMFeb 21
Rich80105 <Rich...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 06:35:19 GMT, Tony <lizan...@orcon.net.nz>
>wrote:
>
>>Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:

>>>Unlike some people, I don’t make things up.
>>>
>>><https://www.heartfoundation.org.nz/your-heart/heart-conditions/myocarditis>
>>You have yet to prove that anybody has made anything up - wishful thinking
>>perhaps?
>>There are too many questions about the safety of the Covid vaccines to be
>>presumptive. After all Galileo was imprisoned at home for saying that the sun
>>was at the centre of our solar system.
>
>I agree Tony.
Liar - you do not agree.
>To presume that the death of Efeso Collins death had
>anything to do with either Covid Vaccines or Galileo would indeed be
>presumptive.
I disagree, as I stated above - the opposite is correct.
Yoour loathsome sarcasm is a blight on this group, as are you on humanity.