Took them long enough!

John Bowes

Jan 27, 2022, 3:44:37 PM1/27/22
Well we all still get to pay for Goff's stupidity. But at least now it isn't going to cause more road congestion than Auckland suffers from.

It's a TUNNEL! One of only two sensible suggestions for Auckland. Pity the whole country is getting taxed to pay for it...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/127610200/watch-live-auckland-light-rail-goes-for-tunnel-option-with-harbour-crossing

BR

Jan 27, 2022, 11:45:50 PM1/27/22
It's a stupid idea.

They are going to run a train track down Sandringham Rd.

It would be much more sensible to connect the airport to the rail
network from South Auckland

Even more sensible would be to scrap the whole idea. Trains are a 19th
century solution to a 21st century problem, i.e. a waste of time,
space and money.

Bill.

https://www.avg.com

Mutlley

Jan 28, 2022, 9:38:14 PM1/28/22
I would hardly say trains are 19th century. Overseas they are being
use more and more both freight and passenger. Do you have a point to
point matter transportation device ready to use??

Gordon

Jan 29, 2022, 2:13:21 AM1/29/22
In Europe they are building fast train lines all over. The Chinese are
laying down fast train tracks at a fast rate. They also have a mag lev train
which is very fast.

Train deliver people right to the town centre, no flaffing about having to
get from the airport into town.

John Bowes

Jan 29, 2022, 6:45:11 AM1/29/22
Trains are great for bulk transport of goods and people. As much as I like trains (some would say love) they only work where you have the numbers. Australia uses trains to get iron ore to ports. USA use them for long haul of freight though the long distance transport of people isn't doing so well. Many of these fast tracks are heavily subsidised by governments as is our own KiwiRail. Sure trains are great but they have limitations in small country's like ours.
The best thing doe Auckland would be monorails above the highways.

George Black

Jan 29, 2022, 1:50:06 PM1/29/22
On 29/01/2022 8:13 pm, Gordon wrote:

> In Europe they are building fast train lines all over. The Chinese are
> laying down fast train tracks at a fast rate. They also have a mag lev train
> which is very fast.
>
> Train deliver people right to the town centre, no flaffing about having to
> get from the airport into town.

If we want high speed trains all it will take for the majority of lines
is another rail to increase the gauge while running the current stock.
Bet the little fat fairy doesn't allow that

Mutlley

Jan 29, 2022, 3:07:45 PM1/29/22
The Gold coast AU commuter line to Brisbane gets up to 145 Kph on
the same gauge as ours except they designed it better though I agree
for real hispeed trains you need standard gauge though Queensland
does have HSD tilt trains on narrow gauge.

John Bowes

Jan 29, 2022, 5:01:07 PM1/29/22
You also need very flat straight lines mate so you can maintain the speed.

Rich80105

Jan 29, 2022, 6:27:51 PM1/29/22
On Sun, 30 Jan 2022 09:07:41 +1300, Mutlley <mutle...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
George is correct that a wider gauge would help, and the idea of a
third rail is certainly worth considering, but the other critical
factor is the extent of changes in height and changes of direction -
no train can travel at very high speeds on a line that has fairly
sharp bends. We are more able to flatten out and straighten routes
(albeit atadditional expense) than we were back in the early 1900s,
but we do also have earthquake and volcanic issues to deal with.

It is sad that the oportunity was noit taken to combine a rail upgrade
of the route from Auckland to Hamilton with the construction of the
motorway / expressway - the Auckland / Hamilton / Tauranga triangle is
critical to the movement of freight (both import, export and domestic)
in that area. Transmission Gully involves a steep incline that
probably makes rail along that part of the route inappropriate.

Most large cities have fairly extensive rail passenger transport for
commuters - it is faster and cheaper than roads. Auckland will
certainly benefit from less congestion and shorter travel times.

Rich80105

Jan 29, 2022, 6:35:30 PM1/29/22
Well done John Bowes. A positive contribution to the discussion.

John Bowes

Jan 29, 2022, 7:46:10 PM1/29/22
You on the other hand contribute nothing but crap Rich. Typical!
I'm just reiterating what I said in the first discussion on Auckland's cock up of a transport system. Typical of a Labour led council, no planning ability at all!

George Black

Jan 29, 2022, 8:04:48 PM1/29/22
Most of our tracks are such
Brother was a fireman/ Loco Assistant/ Driver

Rich80105

Jan 29, 2022, 10:06:59 PM1/29/22
On Sat, 29 Jan 2022 16:46:09 -0800 (PST), John Bowes
I wasn't aware that you had talked about characteristics of lines for
high speed trains before, John Bowes. There have been a lot of threads
about Auckland transport over hte last 50 or so years . . .

John Bowes

Jan 29, 2022, 11:09:24 PM1/29/22
You're not aware of very much going by many of your posts Rich.

George Black

Jan 30, 2022, 1:51:37 PM1/30/22
All the expertise to become a fake news reporter then :}

John Bowes

Jan 30, 2022, 3:44:50 PM1/30/22
And he displays that skill almost daily :)

jaouad zarrabi

Oct 4, 2022, 6:45:37 PM10/4/22
BullionVault is the world's largest online investment gold service taking care of $2 billion for more than 85,000 users. It is part-owned by both GBIT and Augmentum Fintech plc.
Bars are stored in professional-market vaults in Zurich, London, Toronto, Singapore or New York. You choose where. Because of our size, you benefit from the low storage costs we have negotiated, which always include insurance.
You can buy large quantities while you connected to the
5 international gold markets
You can sell at any time, without penalty, and your money will be wired the next business day. You can also withdraw your bars.
BullionVault is quick and easy. You could own any quantity of physical gold and silver bullion in about 2 hours.
Insurance and storage is 0.12% per annum for gold. This is less than a third of the normal 0.4% charged as an annual management fee by most ETFs.
To start working with our company you need :
1- Open an account
2- Transfer funds
3- Buy gold, silver or platinum
4- Validate your account
To find out the prices and buy, please log in via the link below 👇
http://www.bullionvaultaffiliate.com/stars37/en