„Google“ grupės nebepalaiko naujų „Usenet“ įrašų ar prenumeratų. Istorinį turinį galima peržiūrėti.

Who do we hate that much? :)

11 peržiūrų
Praleisti ir pereiti prie pirmo neskaityto pranešimo

John Bowes

neskaityta,
2022-06-13 02:49:242022-06-13
kam:
Mallard going to a diplomatic post in Europe. With luck it'll be Russia though that may only result in him bringing back some new totalitarian tricks for the next Labour leader...

Not to sad to see Fafoi go. Imo he's been used by Ardern as a skapegoat for bad policy's!

Williams must be in Ardern's good books. Either that or she's got some dirt on Ardern!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300612069/postcabinet-live-jacinda-ardern-announces-that-trevor-mallard-kris-faafoi-are-leaving-parliament

Nežinoma

neskaityta,
2022-06-13 03:06:402022-06-13
kam:
I think Mallard should get San Marino. No challenge, no opportunity to create a
diplomatic incident and above all no chance of ever being promoted to a poition
of any value. A sinecure at best.
Faafoi has been absent for a year or more; pity really, his early years showed
promise.
But the minister we have had for the past two years in health, education and
Covid has a serious challenge ahead, this will test him. PM Cindy has nobody
else to turn to apart fron Grant Robertson. A government of three.

Crash

neskaityta,
2022-06-13 03:41:172022-06-13
kam:
On Mon, 13 Jun 2022 07:04:05 +0000, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
dot nz> wrote:

>John Bowes <bowes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Mallard going to a diplomatic post in Europe. With luck it'll be Russia though
>>that may only result in him bringing back some new totalitarian tricks for the
>>next Labour leader...
>>
>>Not to sad to see Fafoi go. Imo he's been used by Ardern as a skapegoat for
>>bad policy's!
>>
>>Williams must be in Ardern's good books. Either that or she's got some dirt on
>>Ardern!
>>
>>https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300612069/postcabinet-live-jacinda-ardern-announces-that-trevor-mallard-kris-faafoi-are-leaving-parliament
>I think Mallard should get San Marino. No challenge, no opportunity to create a
>diplomatic incident and above all no chance of ever being promoted to a poition
>of any value. A sinecure at best.

A sinecure it is to get him out of Parliament. Mallard is well past
his use-by date and this is the commonly used way to deal with such
situations.

>Faafoi has been absent for a year or more; pity really, his early years showed
>promise.

The line that he wanted out before the last election but was persuaded
to stay on is interesting. That implies Labour was short on MPs
talented enough for ministerial roles.

>But the minister we have had for the past two years in health, education and
>Covid has a serious challenge ahead, this will test him.

Hipkins does a good line at lecterns but in all other respects
demonstrates the traits of a Minister run by civil servants that
report to him rather than the other way around.

--
Crash McBash

Nežinoma

neskaityta,
2022-06-13 04:00:222022-06-13
kam:
Yes Crash, to all you have posted.
Labour was and still is short of competence, not to mention integrity (so I
won't mention it!).

John Bowes

neskaityta,
2022-06-13 04:07:382022-06-13
kam:
Interesting that Willians has finally been demoted. Like so many in Ardern's cabinet way out of her depth!

Mutlley

neskaityta,
2022-06-13 17:09:202022-06-13
kam:
I'm hoping that they will send the prick to the Ukraine. The real rub
is that he will get a Knighthood for being the worse speaker we've
ever had and gold plated travel and superannuation.

John Bowes

neskaityta,
2022-06-13 19:40:522022-06-13
kam:
A delightful fluff piece in the Herald about how good he was. 80% good according to Audery Young:

Believe it or not, Trevor Mallard will make a fine diplomat.

The trouble for Jacinda Ardern is that most people won't believe it.

Such is the reputation of the Speaker, that even when he turns out to be a good diplomat, few will recognise it, let alone acknowledge it.

People expect him to behave badly.

Most of what he does as Speaker, and previously as a minister, has been uncontroversial and unseen. He is competent, usually acts in the best interests of Parliament and New Zealand, and can work collegially.

He has undertaken reforms that have allowed Opposition MPs to put the heat on ministers if they don't know their stuff.

Mallard is 80 per cent good, 20 per cent bad but it is the bad that is remembered, particularly two episodes as Speaker.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announcing her cabinet reshuffle. Photo / Mark Mitchell
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announcing her cabinet reshuffle. Photo / Mark Mitchell

The most recent was turning on the sprinklers in Parliament grounds when the anti-vax occupants refused to move and started using the lawns as an open toilet.

It was a highly popular move with veteran protesters of the Wellington Left who thought their behaviour dishonoured true protesters - but most of the country believed Mallard made matters worse.

The other occurred in the aftermath of a report he commissioned on the culture of Parliament.

He falsely claimed a parliamentary staffer had committed rape, and was forced to reach a legal settlement, but he then used parliamentary privilege last year to state he had committed sexual assault.

Judith Collins, who was National leader at the time, called him the biggest bully she had ever seen in Parliament and called on Ardern to "grow herself a spine" and remove him as Speaker.

It was the same Judith Collins who spent a fortnight with Mallard on the Speaker's tour in Europe trying to help get a free agreement with Europe over the line.

Mallard has long been tipped to take over the ambassador's job in Dublin, having visited family in Ireland over many years.

Mallard was one of Helen Clark's best ministers, with 13 various portfolios, and would also have been one of Ardern's had he not set his sights on becoming Speaker in waiting in 2017. He knew how to get things done. Chris Hipkins, one of Ardern's best, was his apprentice.

Despite low approval ratings for Mallard in last week's 1News-Kantar poll (48 per cent disapprove of the way he is handling his job, 17 per cent approve and 35 per cent don't know) Ardern will remain staunch.

She and Mallard are old mates from a friendship forged in the adversity of Opposition and in supporting Grant Robertson for the leadership. She has a loyalty to Mallard which is not necessarily understood. They have planned his exit for some time.

Whatever political capital she loses in sticking to the plan, she has time to recover it before the next election.

She also knows there would be a political cost in keeping him on until the next election.

Gordon

neskaityta,
2022-06-13 20:00:312022-06-13
kam:
As my Father used to say whenever the honours list was announced, It goes
with the job.

Rich80105

neskaityta,
2022-06-13 23:22:232022-06-13
kam:
On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 09:09:17 +1200, Mutlley <mutle...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
It is sad to see New Zealanders following the destructive hate speech
of Trump and his supporters. It does seem to go with the territory of
having no interest in responsible government, but attempting to win
power by blindly attacking the other party with lies, misinformation
and an absence of any reasoned argument.

Travel and superannuation benefits for MPs have been debated for many
years, but as far as I am aware have not been changed for over 20
years - there have been many MPs from all parties that have retired
the same basis of travel and superannuation being provided . . .

As for competence, see
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/audrey-young-believe-it-or-not-trevor-mallard-will-make-a-fine-diplomat/3OA6SK4T5GGRWGO3XXPBPC6TPU/

(It is behind a paywall, but doubtless some reader can post a
summary.)

John Bowes

neskaityta,
2022-06-14 00:21:342022-06-14
kam:
On Tuesday, June 14, 2022 at 3:22:23 PM UTC+12, Rich80105 wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 09:09:17 +1200, Mutlley <mutle...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> >John Bowes <bowes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Mallard going to a diplomatic post in Europe. With luck it'll be Russia though that may only result in him bringing back some new totalitarian tricks for the next Labour leader...
> >>
> >>Not to sad to see Fafoi go. Imo he's been used by Ardern as a skapegoat for bad policy's!
> >>
> >>Williams must be in Ardern's good books. Either that or she's got some dirt on Ardern!
> >>
> >>https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300612069/postcabinet-live-jacinda-ardern-announces-that-trevor-mallard-kris-faafoi-are-leaving-parliament
> >
> >I'm hoping that they will send the prick to the Ukraine. The real rub
> >is that he will get a Knighthood for being the worse speaker we've
> >ever had and gold plated travel and superannuation.
> It is sad to see New Zealanders following the destructive hate speech
> of Trump and his supporters. It does seem to go with the territory of
> having no interest in responsible government, but attempting to win
> power by blindly attacking the other party with lies, misinformation
> and an absence of any reasoned argument.

Mallard, like you Rich deserves every slur he gets! He's a bully who's never done anything of worth in his life except act as Labours bully boy! All he deserves is the DCM! New Zealand needs a responsable government not the virtue signalling liars you worship. Things would be a lot better if the government actually DID something rather than just talk about the problems!

> Travel and superannuation benefits for MPs have been debated for many
> years, but as far as I am aware have not been changed for over 20
> years - there have been many MPs from all parties that have retired
> the same basis of travel and superannuation being provided . . .

Doesn't make it right Rich! The superannuation of MP's is grossly out of touch with reality. Much like you and your hero Mallard!

> As for competence, see
> https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/audrey-young-believe-it-or-not-trevor-mallard-will-make-a-fine-diplomat/3OA6SK4T5GGRWGO3XXPBPC6TPU/
>
> (It is behind a paywall, but doubtless some reader can post a
> summary.)
I posted the text you gormless keyboard worrier!

jaouad zarrabi

neskaityta,
2022-10-04 18:42:462022-10-04
kam:
BullionVault is the world's largest online investment gold service taking care of $2 billion for more than 85,000 users. It is part-owned by both GBIT and Augmentum Fintech plc.
Bars are stored in professional-market vaults in Zurich, London, Toronto, Singapore or New York. You choose where. Because of our size, you benefit from the low storage costs we have negotiated, which always include insurance.
You can buy large quantities while you connected to the
5 international gold markets
You can sell at any time, without penalty, and your money will be wired the next business day. You can also withdraw your bars.
BullionVault is quick and easy. You could own any quantity of physical gold and silver bullion in about 2 hours.
Insurance and storage is 0.12% per annum for gold. This is less than a third of the normal 0.4% charged as an annual management fee by most ETFs.
To start working with our company you need :
1- Open an account
2- Transfer funds
3- Buy gold, silver or platinum
4- Validate your account
To find out the prices and buy, please log in via the link below 👇
http://www.bullionvaultaffiliate.com/stars37/en
0 naujų pranešimų