Open letter to the Governor General

Tony

Oct 7, 2022, 3:21:58 PM10/7/22
From Ross Baker.
Offered for information.

Your Excellency, The Right Honourable Dame Cindy Kiro
Governor-General of New Zealand
Government House
Private Bag 39995
Wellington

Dear Madam,

RE: UNDRIP – “Is fundamentally Incompatible with New Zealand’s Constitutional
and Legal Arrangements”.

Hopefully, Mr Michael Webster, Clerk of the Executive Council has fulfilled his
duty and has advised the Governor General that Prime Minister, the Hon John Key
allowed Hon Pita Sharples to sign the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous
People on the 19 April 2010 that was, fundamentally incompatible with New
Zealand’s constitutional and legal arrangements, did not have authority from
Parliament, did not have a Government definition of the indigenous people of
New Zealand and did it without the People of New Zealand knowing. Hon John Key
allowed UNDRIP to be signed on his own and in secret!

See attached emails below to Mr Michael Webster, Clerk of the Executive Council
and attachments, Explanation of vote to the General Assembly, John Key Destroys
New Zealand’s Democracy and
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3599153/NZ-does-U-turn-on-rights-charter.

This statement by Hon Pita Sharples to the United Nations when compared with
Rosemary Banks, New Zealand’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations,
was a lie and has absolutely no evidence to support it, expecially. “Maori as
the original inhabitants – the tangata whenua – of New Zealand”.

It is the Governor Generals responsibility to repeal the Hon John Key signing
the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People immediately.
Without this, the Governor General is failing in her duties on behalf of the
King and to all the people of New Zealand. Queen Victoria made the tangata
Maori British Subjects with the same rights as the people of England, No
more.no less!

Yours sincerely,

Ross Baker.

Researcher, One New Zealand Foundation Inc. Website: www.onenzfoundation.co.nz.

John Bowes

Oct 7, 2022, 4:52:00 PM10/7/22
We don't need UNDRIP we have the Treaty which grants all New Zealanders equal rights. Even though the current government believes that means they have to hand the governance over to the Mahuta's and Jacksons of the world!

Rich80105

Oct 7, 2022, 11:10:53 PM10/7/22
Thanks for the information, Tony, but there does not appear to be
anything illegal that happened. I have wondered at times about whether
the signing of treaties should be required to go before Parliament,
but that would make a lot of international negotiation very difficult.
National for example also signed us up to Climate change agreements
without reference to Parliament. It is disappointing to see the vigour
with which Labour objected to the signing at the time - in part it is
understandable as opposition parties sometimes think they get no
benefit from agreeing with a government action; and they end up
fighting legislation that they later show they would prefer to have
supported. (The Greens put forward a coolong off period for MPs
leaving parliament to become lobbyists - from memory it was not
supported by either Labour or National for example). Still the
agreement to the Declaration of Human Rights has turned out to have no
drawbacks for New Zealand - it is really covered by the Treaty of
Waitangi which successive governments have respected - it is only now
that some are trying to say that contracts do not need to be respected
. . . - and National again led the way with Co-govrnance arrangements
for some important issues.

Tony

Oct 7, 2022, 11:41:05 PM10/7/22
Nobody is saying that other than this government!
>. . . - and National again led the way with Co-govrnance arrangements
>for some important issues.
No that is a lie and you know it.

Rich80105

Oct 7, 2022, 11:54:37 PM10/7/22
On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 03:41:03 -0000 (UTC), Tony
I was referring to Ross Baker as given above. We have entered into a
contract; he wants us to renege on that.

>>. . . - and National again led the way with Co-govrnance arrangements
>>for some important issues.
>No that is a lie and you know it.

Chris Finalyson developed at least two very large ones - but perhaps
there was an earlier one - I thought the Wanganui co-governance
arrangements and the Waikato River co-governance arranements were put
though under National - what was the first one then, Tony?

John Bowes

Oct 7, 2022, 11:54:50 PM10/7/22
Rich is incapable of any other explanation Tony. After all he follows a policy of any old lie to support the most useless and corrupt government in NZ history...

Oh and Rich. The treaty has nothing about co-governance in it despite the lies coming from you and the ever sillier Mahuta's claims!

Tony

Oct 9, 2022, 5:08:20 PM10/9/22
So what? If the contract is unsound then you get out of it preferably through
re-negotiation.

>>>. . . - and National again led the way with Co-govrnance arrangements
>>>for some important issues.
>>No that is a lie and you know it.
>
>Chris Finalyson developed at least two very large ones - but perhaps
>there was an earlier one - I thought the Wanganui co-governance
>arrangements and the Waikato River co-governance arranements were put
>though under National - what was the first one then, Tony?
They are not the same sort of deal and you are just playing political games.
Co-governance as proposed by the tyranical Ardern and co is a different sort of
agreement and is anti-democratic.

Rich80105

Oct 9, 2022, 5:36:05 PM10/9/22
On Sun, 9 Oct 2022 21:08:17 -0000 (UTC), Tony
Explain the diffrences then - Finlayson believes they are the same.
Certainly making sure governance represents a wide range of legitimate
interests is generally a good thing, especially as it does not affect
the ultimate responsibility of the Crown (Sovereignity is not
affected) and it meets the requirements of the Treaty of Waitnagi at
little financial cost. Clearly yuo have a different view . . .

Tony

Oct 9, 2022, 6:05:52 PM10/9/22
The Treaty is completely silent on co-governance or anything similar to that.
It is therefore irrelevant.
The three waters nonsense (which is part of co-governance) is a confiscation.
Governance is and must be by all of the people with equal say, co-governance is
not even close to that. It is an appalling stealthy attempt to put a race based
government in place.

John Bowes

Oct 9, 2022, 6:42:57 PM10/9/22
Except that co-governance as proposed by Labour is giving power into the hands of the Maori elite Rich and no matter how many lies you spin it won't change that fact!

John Bowes

Oct 9, 2022, 6:46:43 PM10/9/22
On Monday, October 10, 2022 at 10:36:05 AM UTC+13, Rich80105 wrote:
Here you go Rich. Now point out where in this document co governance is mentioned. Let alone guaranteed:
HER MAJESTY VICTORIA Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland regarding with Her Royal Favor the Native Chiefs and Tribes of New Zealand and anxious to protect their just Rights and Property and to secure to them the enjoyment of Peace and Good Order has deemed it necessary in consequence of the great number of Her Majesty's Subjects who have already settled in New Zealand and the rapid extension of Emigration both from Europe and Australia which is still in progress to constitute and appoint a functionary properly authorized to treat with the Aborigines of New Zealand for the recognition of Her Majesty's Sovereign authority over the whole or any part of those islands – Her Majesty therefore being desirous to establish a settled form of Civil Government with a view to avert the evil consequences which must result from the absence of the necessary Laws and Institutions alike to the native population and to Her subjects has been graciously pleased to empower and to authorize me William Hobson a Captain in Her Majesty's Royal Navy Consul and Lieutenant-Governor of such parts of New Zealand as may be or hereafter shall be ceded to her Majesty to invite the confederated and independent Chiefs of New Zealand to concur in the following Articles and Conditions.

Article the first [Article 1]
The Chiefs of the Confederation of the United Tribes of New Zealand and the separate and independent Chiefs who have not become members of the Confederation cede to Her Majesty the Queen of England absolutely and without reservation all the rights and powers of Sovereignty which the said Confederation or Individual Chiefs respectively exercise or possess, or may be supposed to exercise or to possess over their respective Territories as the sole sovereigns thereof.

Article the second [Article 2]
Her Majesty the Queen of England confirms and guarantees to the Chiefs and Tribes of New Zealand and to the respective families and individuals thereof the full exclusive and undisturbed possession of their Lands and Estates Forests Fisheries and other properties which they may collectively or individually possess so long as it is their wish and desire to retain the same in their possession; but the Chiefs of the United Tribes and the individual Chiefs yield to Her Majesty the exclusive right of Preemption over such lands as the proprietors thereof may be disposed to alienate at such prices as may be agreed upon between the respective Proprietors and persons appointed by Her Majesty to treat with them in that behalf.

Article the third [Article 3]
In consideration thereof Her Majesty the Queen of England extends to the Natives of New Zealand Her royal protection and imparts to them all the Rights and Privileges of British Subjects.

(signed) William Hobson, Lieutenant-Governor.

Now therefore We the Chiefs of the Confederation of the United Tribes of New Zealand being assembled in Congress at Victoria in Waitangi and We the Separate and Independent Chiefs of New Zealand claiming authority over the Tribes and Territories which are specified after our respective names, having been made fully to understand the Provisions of the foregoing Treaty, accept and enter into the same in the full spirit and meaning thereof in witness of which we have attached our signatures or marks at the places and the dates respectively specified. Done at Waitangi this Sixth day of February in the year of Our Lord one thousand eight hundred and forty.

Rich80105

Oct 9, 2022, 11:09:52 PM10/9/22
On Sun, 9 Oct 2022 22:05:50 -0000 (UTC), Tony
So would Luxon undo the co-governance arrangements put in place by Key
and Finlayson? Would Luxon withdraw from the United Nations
Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples?

Tony

Oct 9, 2022, 11:27:14 PM10/9/22
How the hell would I know?
Do you have any more stupid questions?
Sorry, of course you do, you have an unlimited number.
Meanwhile back on topic..........

Crash

Oct 10, 2022, 12:25:00 AM10/10/22
On Mon, 10 Oct 2022 16:07:40 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich...@hotmail.com>
Why not ask Luxon? No point in posing such questions here.

--
Crash McBash