New Zealand Joins The Tut-Tut Brigade

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 15, 2024, 12:24:01 AMFeb 15
🇳🇿 has joined 🇦🇺 and 🇨🇦 in telling 🇮🇱 that it would be like, a really
bad idea to extend their murderous rampage into Rafah, and could they,
like, please stop and not exterminate any more Palestinians, if they
would be so kind.

<https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/there-is-simply-nowhere-else-for-civilians-to-go-new-zealand-canada-australia-warn-israel-rafah-invasion-would-be-catastrophic/GNDNO654MND2PGITUC7KN4TTWY/>

Does anybody really expect Netanyahu and his fanatic cohort to pay
any attention?

Do they shite ...

Tony

Feb 15, 2024, 12:43:06 AMFeb 15
OK so you are happy for us to not take a stand against something you have
repeatedly criticised here for weeks.
Or do you enjoy emulating Rich with such sarcasm?
Make your mind up Lawrence.

Rich80105

Feb 15, 2024, 2:12:51 AMFeb 15
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 05:43:03 GMT, Tony <lizan...@orcon.net.nz>
wrote:
I don't know about Tony, but the time for taking a stand was a while
ago - when Luxon whimped out. He then whimped out with the Israeli
Ambassador, but has at last found some "allies" who will "express
concern" in a sufficiently "there but the grace of god . . ." way that
he found it OK to join with them for a joint statement that will not
cause much of a ripple anywhere. Luxon will be pleased with the
response - it is not often he manages to say something that will not
get disagreement from the coalition partners or offend someone else.
Since most will ignore it that is a real win for C Luxon!

Tony

Feb 15, 2024, 2:35:58 AMFeb 15
You really have nothing to say - so why write meaningless words like this.
Desperation continues even after your precious incompetent and uncaring Labour
government realised they were going to be fired.
Fired resoundingly indeed.
Perhaps you should leave debate to the grownups here.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 15, 2024, 2:50:35 AMFeb 15
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 05:43:03 GMT, Tony wrote:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
>
>>🇳🇿 has joined 🇦🇺 and 🇨🇦 in telling 🇮🇱 that it would be like, a really
>>bad idea to extend their murderous rampage into Rafah, and could they,
>>like, please stop and not exterminate any more Palestinians, if they
>>would be so kind.
>>
>><https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/there-is-simply-nowhere-else-for-civilians-to-go-new-zealand-canada-australia-warn-israel-rafah-invasion-would-be-catastrophic/GNDNO654MND2PGITUC7KN4TTWY/>
>>
>>Does anybody really expect Netanyahu and his fanatic cohort to pay any
>>attention?
>>
>>Do they shite ...
>
> [incoherent blather]

This may be a wild guess, but were you talking about the treatment
being meted out to the Houthis? You think maybe that would work here?

A surgical strike, not on Netanyahu, but on either Smotrich or Ben
Gvir. Take out one of them, and maybe the rest will think twice about
trying to exterminate Palestinians and steal their land.

Worth a try?

Tony

Feb 15, 2024, 3:10:15 PMFeb 15
Who are you talking to?

Rich80105

Feb 15, 2024, 4:08:24 PMFeb 15
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 20:10:11 GMT, Tony <lizan...@orcon.net.nz>
It would be easy to say nz.general, Tony, but then I am sure you
already know that. For you, I can also say that in a sense, every
poster is addressing remarks directly to you as well as others reading
the group; as we know you read the posts of others, and what you may
not realise is that you often provide affirmation to others that their
views do have value, that discussion even with those who do not agree
can be worthwhile, and that we can be glad to be in a country where it
is possible to say things that others may not always agree with. Tour
posts do point out that we will not always see things the same way;
that we can strive to do better, and that we can be proud of the
opportunity to bring our personal views to a wide group of people. In
posting to nz.general, we know that you will be ready to contribute a
different and at times startling viewpoint; you will help many to
affirm that their own posts have worth and value, and not to dwell
too much on differences in opinions, even if we do not share them.

Ras Mikaere

Feb 15, 2024, 4:57:52 PMFeb 15

NEW ZEALAND IS STILL INVOLVED IN THE UKRAINE CONFLICT,
AND IN DIRECT CONFLICT WITH RUSSIA.

NEW ZEALAND WOULD BE LUCKY TO ESCAPE A NUCLEAR
BLAST IN WELLINGTON / AUCKLAND . . . AFTER WORLD
WAR 3 OFFICIALLY STARTS.

RUSSIA REMEMBERS THE CRIMES OF NEW ZEALANDERS.
RUSSIA WILL DELIVER A SERIES OF NUCLEAR BOMBS INTO
N.Z.

N.Z.I.P.T. 500596 / 2011

Tony

Feb 15, 2024, 4:58:55 PMFeb 15
Rich80105 <Rich...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 20:10:11 GMT, Tony <lizan...@orcon.net.nz>
>wrote:
>
>>Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:

>>>This may be a wild guess, but were you talking about the treatment
>>>being meted out to the Houthis? You think maybe that would work here?
>>>
>>>A surgical strike, not on Netanyahu, but on either Smotrich or Ben
>>>Gvir. Take out one of them, and maybe the rest will think twice about
>>>trying to exterminate Palestinians and steal their land.
>>>
>>>Worth a try?
>>Who are you talking to?
Bullshit removed.
Rich you are a poseur, a piece of trash. Your intent to control this newsgroup
is the only time you get to express yourself without being told to shut up and
that happens here as well eh? Poor little fish that you are..
Yup, a poor small man with a history of failure, that is all you are.

Rich80105

Feb 15, 2024, 5:15:36 PMFeb 15
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 21:58:51 GMT, Tony <lizan...@orcon.net.nz>
wrote:
What are you talking about? We all know this is your group, Tony. You
control it, you set the rules, you correct everyone else's mistakes.
Had you forgotten?

Tony

Feb 15, 2024, 6:16:48 PMFeb 15
Sarcasm gone for now, but Rich can't help putting more of here - he has nothing
of more value than sarcasm - how sad.

Mutley

Feb 15, 2024, 11:44:05 PMFeb 15
Typical Labor supporter of terrorism.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 15, 2024, 11:50:55 PMFeb 15
On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 17:44:01 +1300, Mutley wrote:

> Typical Labor supporter of terrorism.

Fun fact: Itamar Ben Gvir, 🇮🇱 Minister of National Security, is a
convicted terrorist.

So, do you want to be “soft” or “tough” on terrorists? Your choice.

Crash

Feb 16, 2024, 2:34:15 AMFeb 16
On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 10:06:47 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich...@hotmail.com>
Incorrect Rich. There has never been any concept of replying to a
newsgroup in general and this has been pointed many times with
archival reference to evidence in practice. Every response is to the
is to an individual poster.

I have used nz.general as the vehicle to respond to you, and this is
the very essence of the hierarchy of thread illustrations by all
reputable usenet clients.

>For you, I can also say that in a sense, every
>poster is addressing remarks directly to you as well as others reading
>the group;

Not true. See above. This is a figment of your imagination. Take a
look at most posts in all newsgroups.

>as we know you read the posts of others, and what you may
>not realise is that you often provide affirmation to others that their
>views do have value, that discussion even with those who do not agree
>can be worthwhile, and that we can be glad to be in a country where it
>is possible to say things that others may not always agree with. Tour
>posts do point out that we will not always see things the same way;
>that we can strive to do better, and that we can be proud of the
>opportunity to bring our personal views to a wide group of people. In
>posting to nz.general, we know that you will be ready to contribute a
>different and at times startling viewpoint; you will help many to
>affirm that their own posts have worth and value, and not to dwell
>too much on differences in opinions, even if we do not share them.

Irrelevant. See above.

--
Crash McBash

Rich80105

Feb 16, 2024, 5:29:34 AMFeb 16
On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 20:34:11 +1300, Crash <nog...@dontbother.invalid>
wrote:
Of course people can write for the whole group - every "original
poster" does just that, and in many cases the second poster is not
directly responding tot he first post. The problem is that Tony just
hates free speech; he wants to create rules and restrictions - a
typical authoritarian far right thinker. But there is new for those
sorts - freedoms and the ability to speak your mind have long been
more acceptable to parties like the Green Party and Labour, but have
been unacceptable to the authoritarian right. Seymour, encouraged by
Jordan Carter and David Farrar, has decided to fill an empty hole by
pretending to be far right economically, but libertarian as far as
being controversial - it enabled them to capture a lot of nutter votes
by saying anyone has a right to espouse nutter policies - what they
didn't tell them that ACT cannot support conflicting extremist
economic policies . . .

Crash

Feb 16, 2024, 3:01:42 PMFeb 16
On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 23:27:10 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich...@hotmail.com>
Firstly Rich you do not appear to understand that my post above was
entirely about replies to a thread. Original posts were not the
subject of my comment. The second poster is always responding to the
original post - how on earth can it be any other way? You really are
displaying signs of irrational thought processes.
--
Crash McBash

Tony

Feb 16, 2024, 3:33:35 PMFeb 16
That is just bullshit - you have made some stupid mistakes and now you argus
that black is white.
Give up - you are wrong.

Rich80105

Feb 16, 2024, 4:01:20 PMFeb 16
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 09:01:39 +1300, Crash <nog...@dontbother.invalid>
I apologise for the typo - I should have said ". . . and in many cases
the second poster is not directly responding to the first post." - and
of course there is one poster who has increased the frequency of
deleting parts or all of a post rather than addressing the issues
raised - both are ways of avoiding embarrassment and changing the
substance of the thread rather than responding to the original post
Even without deleting parts or all of a post, many do try to change
the subject, for various reasons.

Tony

Feb 16, 2024, 6:52:32 PMFeb 16
Entirely off topic and entirely predictable.

Rich80105

Feb 16, 2024, 8:36:22 PMFeb 16
On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 23:52:30 GMT, Tony <lizan...@orcon.net.nz>
wrote:
Now having distracted away from the subject of the thread, perhaps we
could all return to the wimpy "tut tut" that our government gave for
continued killing of non-combatants by Israeli troops in Rafah. I
accept that the priority of the government is to reward political
donors (and at the same time punish the poor) but as a country New
Zealand has been regarded as speaking strongly for peace and for
condemnation of unnecessary violence. Indiscriminate killing of
civilians is unacceptable regardless of who does it - but the response
from the government merely indicates that they see themselves as a US
puppet.

Tony

Feb 16, 2024, 9:15:46 PMFeb 16
Which you did, not me.
>, perhaps we
>could all return to the wimpy "tut tut" that our government gave for
>continued killing of non-combatants by Israeli troops in Rafah. I
>accept that the priority of the government is to reward political
>donors (and at the same time punish the poor) but as a country New
>Zealand has been regarded as speaking strongly for peace and for
>condemnation of unnecessary violence. Indiscriminate killing of
>civilians is unacceptable regardless of who does it - but the response
>from the government merely indicates that they see themselves as a US
>puppet.
That is total shite, just like you.

Rich80105

Feb 17, 2024, 2:36:54 AMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 02:15:43 GMT, Tony <lizan...@orcon.net.nz>
Readers of nz.general should take note that Tony more than once
changed the record of previous posts by another poster to
substantially change the meaning, and also often deletes posts that he
disagrees with.

Tony

Feb 17, 2024, 3:05:17 AMFeb 17
Rich - they know what you are and what you deserve so you can forget your
infantile holier-than-thou garbage. You are a lying, abusive, coward. Period.

Rich80105

Feb 17, 2024, 5:29:37 AMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 08:05:13 GMT, Tony <lizan...@orcon.net.nz>

Tony