In the rear mirror

Gordon

Sep 26, 2022, 11:22:56 PM9/26/22
It does appear that the Covid waves are not yet over. The numbers in many
European countries and the UK are starting to rise over the last fortnight.

In NZ we have what could be the start to a similar situation. Last weeks
case numbers averaged 1340/day. This week it is 1400.6/day. average death
rate up from 3.1 to 8.2/day.

It is only two data points but it is something to keep an eye on.

If and only if we see in the media that some folks think that masks are
needed again and all the other restrictions are needed, along with the view
that we have relaxed the restriction too soon.

Let us hope the wave is just a ripple. My money is on this.

There are two new variants added to the BA mix. It also seems that the BA
variants are battling with the rest of the BA variants and there is no wham
bang your gone, advantage that Omicron had along with the earlier vairants.

Tony

Sep 27, 2022, 12:24:32 AM9/27/22
The alternative to living with it is imprisonment in a masked, over-vaccinated
and mandated environment.
Time for the human race to wake up and man up.
Whatever caused it we have it now.

Crash

Sep 27, 2022, 12:28:41 AM9/27/22
There is a very good reason that no further restrictions will be
imposed: the public now widely believes that with most of us fully
vaccinated (as defined by the Government) it is the pandemic that is
in the rearview mirror. The mood of 2020 is well and truly gone.
There is no appetite for any restrictions and it would probably
require hospitals to be over-run with Covid sufferers of a new and
more virulent variant for this to change.

My guess is that any attempt to enforce what was level 3 or 4
restrictions will fail utterly - there will be widespread
non-compliance by businesses and their customers. Public rioting is
also likely - ie demos everywhere. Police have no chance of quelling
such widespread civil disobedience - given the fact that they struggle
to support communities in stamping out low-level crime now (how well
are those ram-raid arrests and prosecutions going hmm).

The Government should know this. Interesting times indeedy.

--
Crash McBash

Rich80105

Sep 27, 2022, 3:13:44 AM9/27/22
On Tue, 27 Sep 2022 17:28:39 +1300, Crash <nog...@dontbother.invalid>
wrote:
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/crime/14-young-people-arrested-after-st-lukes-and-other-auckland-and-waikato-recent-smash-and-grabs/64GICTJO473R6I6LXFBQAOLMVY/

>The Government should know this. Interesting times indeedy.

The government also knows that many workers and others continue to
wear masks, and that if a new variant emerges that increases deaths
and severe illness we will change our attitudes quite quickly.

John Bowes

Sep 27, 2022, 4:33:50 AM9/27/22
The government had it's chance and overall failed us Rich! It's penalising of those who for whatever reason is proof they are Authoritarian and the police response they sent to the protesters that they're authoritarian communists who barely pay lip service to caring unless it's a photo op!

Crash

Sep 27, 2022, 8:58:48 PM9/27/22
On Tue, 27 Sep 2022 20:12:24 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
Note where I live. No-one wears masks - even in the supermarkets,
staff and the vast majority (about 99 of 100) don't wear masks.

> and that if a new variant emerges that increases deaths
>and severe illness we will change our attitudes quite quickly.

An attitude change is not going to happen without a serious and
credible new threat to public health being found and this will take
weeks at least to get to such a threshold. Your statement above was
true until you included "quite quickly".

--
Crash McBash

Rich80105

Sep 27, 2022, 11:07:01 PM9/27/22
On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 13:58:47 +1300, Crash <nog...@dontbother.invalid>
I described a situation where "a new variant emerges that increases
deaths and severe illness" - which is virtually the same as "a serious
and credible new threat to public health." In either case attitudes
are likely to change quite quickly

John Bowes

Sep 28, 2022, 12:25:57 AM9/28/22
But will they fall into line and obey any demands from Ardern like you did Rich? Some how I think you're either dreaming or over doing your drugs if you believe they'll follow your lead and act like lambs to the slaughter...

BR

Sep 28, 2022, 1:00:51 AM9/28/22
On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 16:05:43 +1300, Rich80105 <Rich...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I described a situation where "a new variant emerges that increases
>deaths and severe illness" - which is virtually the same as "a serious
>and credible new threat to public health." In either case attitudes
>are likely to change quite quickly

I disagree.

It's too late for that. Ardern has blown the public trust with and her
own credibility with all the lies, false promises and hypocrisy.

If a contagion were to emerge that was bad enough to warrant a level 4
lockdown, people would not take it seriously as a result of the
megalomania that is now so evident in the leadership of the current
administration.

Bill.

https://www.avg.com

Rich80105

Sep 28, 2022, 1:39:52 AM9/28/22
We have seen similar arguments n the past over seat belts and bicycle
helmets - nor largely accepted. If Covid quietly goes away, no further
action will be needed; if we get a surge, some actions may be
necessary. What are you scared of, John BOwes?

John Bowes

Sep 28, 2022, 2:12:47 AM9/28/22
Not scared of much Rich. certainly not of a cold virus. I am however worried that your authoritarian and totalitarian government removing more of our rights and expecting us to be like you. Just fucking sheep doing as they're ordered to!

Mutley

Sep 29, 2022, 6:30:07 PM9/29/22
It';s time all these mask mandates were dropped. Just enforcing
government control over people. I had to get an x ray today. Had
to put on a mask to enter the building.. Nuts.

Rich80105

Sep 29, 2022, 10:24:15 PM9/29/22
On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 11:30:03 +1300, Mutley <mutle...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
That is not a mandate from the government, but a safety requirement
imposed by the hospital. Try another hospital - one of the private
ones may be able to accomodate you, for example.

John Bowes

Sep 30, 2022, 12:08:22 AM9/30/22
Rubbish! The mandate came from the government and the hospitals (in most cases) are run by the government! However having said that I've had no problems apart from breathing easily with having to wear a mask in hospitals and doctors surgery's...

Mutley

Sep 30, 2022, 5:10:30 PM9/30/22
It was a private one.

Rich80105

Sep 30, 2022, 5:47:40 PM9/30/22
On Sat, 01 Oct 2022 10:10:27 +1300, Mutley <mutle...@hotmail.com>
I presume you made your choice then. If it still concerns you and you
need another x-ray you could ring other suppliers first; it is
ultimately your choice; nobody ifs forcing you to have an x-ray are
they?

John Bowes

Sep 30, 2022, 7:32:46 PM9/30/22
As usual you compare apples with lemons!

Mutley

Oct 2, 2022, 10:37:31 PM10/2/22
Ever heard of looking after your health. The last x-ray I had was
this time in 2019 which was all clear. . At Xmas 2019 I caught what
seemed like a really mother of all flues which laid me low for a
week. These days you would most likely call it Covid but then no
one new what it was and there were no tests. Anyway the latest x-ray
says I now have cronic bronchitis

Rich80105

Oct 2, 2022, 11:46:45 PM10/2/22
On Mon, 03 Oct 2022 15:37:27 +1300, Mutley <mutle...@hotmail.com>
Well I am glad that you did put your health before your attitude to
wearing a mask - well done, but all I was doing was pointing out that
ultimately you did have a choice. Clearly you place some value on
medical advice - it would be medical advice that has led to health
professionals protecting themselves and patients from an infectious
disease. I am sorry to hear you have chronic bronchitis it is less
common than it used to be when more people were smokers; I hope you
are able to get though it quickly. Have you been recommended to wear a
mask when in polluted areas or when others may be transmitting
infections?

John Bowes

Oct 2, 2022, 11:59:03 PM10/2/22
Bullshit! we didn't have any choices. It's either do as the silly little girl demands or be classed as third class citizens!

JohnO

Oct 3, 2022, 2:05:07 AM10/3/22
Turns out seatbelts and helmets work as promised. On the other hand Ardern promised no punishment for those that didn't vax and Ardern promised that vaccination would prevent COVID infection.Her credibility is long gone to all other than a dwindling number of true believer zealots who would jump off a cliff if she said so.

Rich80105

Oct 3, 2022, 4:02:10 AM10/3/22
On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 23:05:04 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <john...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Nobody ever said or promised that seatbelts or helmets would prevent
injury or death. Nobody other than deluded nutters ever said or
promised that the Covid vaccines would prevent either infection or
death. You do not apear to have ever had any credibility John, but I
suggest you not jump off a cliff - just stop lying.

Rich80105

Oct 3, 2022, 4:03:50 AM10/3/22
We do not have different clases of citizen - you have choices justlike
anyone else.

John Bowes

Oct 3, 2022, 4:27:00 AM10/3/22
As usual the lies are all yours in support of another compulsive liar who unfortunately is our PM!

John Bowes

Oct 3, 2022, 4:27:32 AM10/3/22
Not when your authoritarian government is in power Rich!

Mutley

Oct 3, 2022, 4:03:12 PM10/3/22
BS Rich. What about those Vax Passports your leader inflicted upon
everyone . No Vax, No passport no entry, no job. Not 3rd class?
Leper class maybe??