What type of person watches teledot programmes?

140 vues

Gordon Taylor

non lue,
1 nov. 2000, 23:45:5601/11/2000
We are all, generally speaking, a switched on lot here.

I was wondering if the teledot programmes are aimed at a certain
group of people, demographically speaking.

I have not watched one teledot programme through to the end yet.
Started on Wild NZ and soon knew that Steve Irwin did it a hell of
alot better.

So I am wondering if the teldots have a target audience who do
certain things, eg take part and spend lots of $ at BP, KFC, and ...

Alert my memory has failed temporarly, can not think of the third
one. ;-)

--
Gordon blu...@penguin.southern.co.nz

Bart Reader

non lue,
2 nov. 2000, 01:02:5602/11/2000
Come on, I almost got to half way with Starship Troopers. Shit, now that was
hard going.

Bart

"Gordon Taylor" <blu...@penguin.southern.co.nz> wrote in message

enkidu

non lue,
2 nov. 2000, 01:41:3902/11/2000
Gordon Taylor wrote:

> I was wondering if the teledot programmes are aimed
> at a certain group of people, demographically speaking.

What the hell are teledots? What am I missing, if anything?

Cheers,

Cliff

G Swaine

non lue,
2 nov. 2000, 02:34:0902/11/2000
"Gordon Taylor" <blu...@penguin.southern.co.nz> wrote ...

Pissa Hut

--

Quote for the month:

"The 8086 was not used in any mass-market desktop machines of any
consequence"

--

g.sw...@the.gluepot.com is a bogus address. I can be contacted via an
intermediary : gem at gem win co nz. I would like to apologise to the

john smith

non lue,
2 nov. 2000, 13:55:2602/11/2000
blu...@penguin.southern.co.nz (Gordon Taylor) wrote in
<97314035...@penguin.southern.co.nz>:

>We are all, generally speaking, a switched on lot here.
>
>I was wondering if the teledot programmes are aimed at a certain
>group of people, demographically speaking.

>Gordon blu...@penguin.southern.co.nz

What are you doing here on this newsgroup? Go back and WATCH TELEVISION!
There many other more interesting things to talk about rather than TV on
newsgroups.

Miche

non lue,
2 nov. 2000, 13:57:2702/11/2000
In article <97314035...@penguin.southern.co.nz>,
blu...@penguin.southern.co.nz (Gordon Taylor) wrote:

What amuses me is that they say "you must take the teledot off at the end
of the program or else it'll get overexposed and be invalid". Then they
make 2-hr movies teledot programs. Now which is it, guys? ;)

Miche

Miche

non lue,
2 nov. 2000, 13:58:2902/11/2000
In article <3a010390$1...@clear.net.nz>, "Bart Reader"
<bart_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Come on, I almost got to half way with Starship Troopers. Shit, now that was
> hard going.

1. Stick the teledot on the TV.
2. Mute the sound.
3. Go do something fun.

:)

Miche

john smith

non lue,
3 nov. 2000, 00:02:3003/11/2000
Even better, use the auto-off feature on your tv. Maybe they don't use
exposure, it's a secret signal transmitted which is picked up by the teledot
......... Arrrrrrrrrgggggh the government is secretly sending out signals
through the tv to CONTROL MY MIND!!!!!!!

Miche wrote in message ...

enkidu

non lue,
3 nov. 2000, 01:40:4403/11/2000
Miche wrote:

> What amuses me is that they say "you must take the teledot
> off at the end of the program or else it'll get overexposed
> and be invalid". Then they make 2-hr movies teledot
> programs. Now which is it, guys? ;)

What the HELL are teledots????????

Cheers,

Cliff

Newsman

non lue,
3 nov. 2000, 03:00:0003/11/2000
On Sat, 04 Nov 2000 09:21:55 +1300, ...Tom <to...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>>TV3 is desperate. Bad ratings and loss-making. Anything, but
>>*anything* to try and convince their paymaster-advertisers that their
>>shite are being watched.
>
>By and large I would agree, except in one area. Watch TV3s news for a
>few weeks and then try and watch TVNZs garbage again. When a TV
>bulletin leads with a lion stuck up a tree and gets to significant
>events on item 3 or 4 there is something seriously wrong with the
>world
>
>unbelieeeeevable

Totally believable I'm afraid, Tom.

The credibility and value of News, whether broadcast on radio or
television, is set initially by the standard of editorship and the
credibility and authority of those who deliver it to us.

TV3 is no better than TVNZ with its inane, childish joshing between
the presenters and that tiresome silly grin or eyebrow-raise with each
story. TVNZ has writers who specially contrive fourth-form
alliterations and puns so as to keep us 'entertained'. Just
occasionally they manage to get their spellings right in the captions.

TV3 is no better than TVNZ with its inane, childish joshing between
the presenters and a silly grin or eyebrow-raise with each story

Move on, now, to programmes like Fair Go and Target. Just the same
silly, inane, infantile delivery. Both these programmes incorporate
squirm-worthy sub-kindergarten 'dramas'. On Fair Go the two presenters
shout everything at us and a chronically dazed Pete Cronshaw looks and
acts like he's on parole from the funny farm.

Target must have searched long and hard to unearth that very
embodiment of unspeakable repellence, the vulgar, coarse-mouthed,
bawling 'Sue' as 'aggrieved customer'. To top the whole thing off as
Bad Sight Of The Week Target also gives us the absurd, verbally
constipated meat-pie-on-legs, the resident 'expert', to repeatedly
edify the world with his feeble admonition, "Yes, they shouldn't
really have done that". This, Tom, if you can bear to contemplate it,
is TV3's top-rating programme.

But, the ratings indicate that hundreds of thousands of New Zealanders
contentedly watch this patronising low-mentality tripe, night after
night. And why?

They think it's good. Yes, *THEY LIKE IT!*

Tom, you say there is something seriously wrong with the world. Sorry,
but with ratings running in the hundreds of thousands for this
patronisingly crass and inept rubbish there simply has to be something
seriously wrong with a very large portion of the New Zealand
population. *Very* seriously wrong, Tom.

Newsman

JC

non lue,
3 nov. 2000, 04:08:3903/11/2000

You really don't know?

Miche

non lue,
3 nov. 2000, 04:20:2403/11/2000

Little sticky things that stick to the TV screen and supposedly get
"activated" while you watch certain TV 3 programs. I've never seen a
teledot up close and personal as I never intend to get one, but I have
noticed that the Teledot programs:

1. Vary wildly in length, which is amusing as the target activation range
is fairly tight according to the info page I saw and
2. Are almost universally shite.

Miche

Newsman

non lue,
2 nov. 2000, 17:05:3202/11/2000
On Fri, 03 Nov 2000 22:20:24 +1300, mi...@technologist.com (Miche)
wrote:

This farce shows just how low a TV company has been brought and how
low it will stoop to patronise an audience that it cynically regards
as terminally dumb and compliant.

By warning the viewers that the tellydot only works if there is no
interruption to viewing of that particular programme they hope to
suggest that viewers must have watched *all* of the ads during that
uninterrupted period.

TV3 knows how many tellydots will have been issued., so they think
they'll know how many are viewing their shite when the silly sticker
things are handed in to enter the "bribe" competition.

TV3 is desperate. Bad ratings and loss-making. Anything, but
*anything* to try and convince their paymaster-advertisers that their
shite are being watched.

Newsman

Andrew Bryson

non lue,
3 nov. 2000, 05:47:3003/11/2000
"Gordon Taylor" <blu...@penguin.southern.co.nz> wrote in message
> I was wondering if the teledot programmes are aimed at a certain
> group of people, demographically speaking.

The gullible perhaps?

I still have not figured out how these things are supposed to work. It seems
to me that given the large variability in television size and brightness
that they should either work with any programme at all or they should not
work at all...

--
Andrew Bryson, Christchurch New Zealand
http://www.bryson.co.nz

...Tom

non lue,
3 nov. 2000, 15:21:5503/11/2000

>TV3 is desperate. Bad ratings and loss-making. Anything, but
>*anything* to try and convince their paymaster-advertisers that their
>shite are being watched.

By and large I would agree, except in one area. Watch TV3s news for a

few weeks and then try and watch TVNZs garbage again. When a TV
bulletin leads with a lion stuck up a tree and gets to significant
events on item 3 or 4 there is something seriously wrong with the
world

unbelieeeeevable

...Tom

enkidu

non lue,
3 nov. 2000, 18:18:5303/11/2000
Miche wrote:

> > What the HELL are teledots????????
>
> Little sticky things that stick to the TV screen and
> supposedly get "activated" while you watch certain TV
> 3 programs.

Thanks, Miche, now I know! And yeah, JC, I *have* seen
the things. I just didn't connect the stoopid cartoon
things with the discussion thread. I didn't know that
the stoopid cartoon things had anything to do with sticking
them to your screen - I thought that they were some sort
of scratchy... Wasn't paying attention.

Cheers

0 nouveau message