How depressing

Gordon

Feb 21, 2024, 8:56:01 PMFeb 21
https://www.thepress.co.nz/nz-news/350188807/updated-covid-vaccine-available-march-7

It seems that the Government is not up with the state of play.

A very sad state of affairs.

Rich80105

Feb 21, 2024, 9:32:17 PMFeb 21
Why do you think that, Gordon?

Willy Nilly

Feb 21, 2024, 10:15:48 PMFeb 21
On 22 Feb 2024 01:55:58 GMT, Gordon <Gor...@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
This is doubly or triply stupid. First of all, covid (or what's left
of it) is now exclusively JN1 strain:
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/first-up/audio/2018926116/jn1-now-the-dominant-strain-of-fifth-wave-of-covid
Article dated 15 Feb: "JN1 ... is now responsible for almost all New
Zealand Covid infections".

So now they bring in this moronic "update" shot that brings them up to
the latest extinct variant, XBB.1.5:
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/509854/covid-19-vaccine-that-targets-new-strains-available-next-month

Meanwhile people are starting to drop like flies from all the stoopid
covid shots! Come getcher "safe and effective" and TIMELY poison.

Rich80105

Feb 21, 2024, 10:36:00 PMFeb 21
The article from thepress.co.nz above said:
"A Covid-19 vaccine that is more effective against newer strains of
the virus will be available from March 7, health officials have
confirmed.

Drug buyer Pharmac said it has secured stock of a vaccine that
provides better protection against the Omicron strains XBB1.5 and
JN.1. JN.1 is now responsible for almost all of New Zealand’s cases."

Thanks for the url for the RNZ article though, it included:
"Last week, Te Whatu Ora reported 5555 new cases and 20 deaths.

Last week, a new study published in Vaccine reported that vaccines
against Covid-19 saved an estimated 4000-12,000 lives in New Zealand
during the Omicron phase of the pandemic.

The authors said New Zealand's elimination strategy meant most people
were able to be vaccinated before being exposed to the virus, and
there were fewer hospitalisations.

Aotearoa had one of the lowest Covid-19 mortality rates in the world."

BR

Feb 21, 2024, 11:35:46 PMFeb 21
On 22 Feb 2024 01:55:58 GMT, Gordon <Gor...@leaf.net.nz> wrote:

"It will be funded for people aged 30 years and over, down to age 16
for pregnant people"

When "pregnant people" are mentioned, I reach for my bullshit
repellent.

Bill

https://www.avg.com

Rich80105

Feb 22, 2024, 12:21:44 AMFeb 22
On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 17:38:23 +1300, BR <bl...@blah.blah> wrote:

>On 22 Feb 2024 01:55:58 GMT, Gordon <Gor...@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
>
>>https://www.thepress.co.nz/nz-news/350188807/updated-covid-vaccine-available-march-7
>>
>>It seems that the Government is not up with the state of play.
>>
>>A very sad state of affairs.
>
>"It will be funded for people aged 30 years and over, down to age 16
>for pregnant people"
>
>When "pregnant people" are mentioned, I reach for my bullshit
>repellent.
>
>Bill

Thanks Bill; what are the concerns with this? (I presume you have no
issues with "to age 12 for people at high risk..." or Maori and
Pacific aged 50 and older, etc.)