You know you've been in hack mode too long when...

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Sep 24, 2007, 8:15:50 AM9/24/07
There I was, copying some files I'd been modifying onto the client's machine
to do some testing:

(IFS=$'\n'; for f in $(svn status | cut -c 8-); do scp -p "$f"
server:workdir/\"$(printf %q "$f")\"; done)

And then I realized--holy cow! I'd written a smiley in the code.

It's OK, I'll go get some sleep now...

none

Sep 24, 2007, 5:11:02 PM9/24/07
Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> And then I realized--holy cow! I'd written a smiley in the code.

Typing 8-) was thread worthy?

Must be quite the exciting life you lead.

Nicolaas Hawkins

Sep 24, 2007, 5:30:22 PM9/24/07
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:11:02 +1200, none <no...@none.none> wrote in

Quite an achievement for a linux-head.

--
Nicolaas.

... Fourteen is WAY too old to put them up for adoption!

Geoff

Sep 24, 2007, 9:54:11 PM9/24/07

Wrong newsgroup.

Try alt.linux.masterbation where the other lidiots share enthusiastic
cameraderie about cessential-but-cryptic text strings, before bed..

geoff

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Sep 24, 2007, 10:45:24 PM9/24/07
In message <46f827e1$1...@news2.actrix.gen.nz>, none wrote:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>> And then I realized--holy cow! I'd written a smiley in the code.
>
> Typing 8-) was thread worthy?

In a working command, yes. :)