Those that volunteered to run live "Google Wave" sessions I thank you but I think we'll flag it :-)

Mike Riversdale

Aug 4, 2010, 6:46:47 PM8/4/10
to NZ Google Barcamp
Google have just announced that they'll no longer be developing Wave.
http://bit.ly/ByeByeWave

Thank you to those that volunteered and to Pam Fox (Googler) for all
the support

Mark Derricutt

Aug 4, 2010, 6:50:04 PM8/4/10
to nz-googl...@googlegroups.com
Just because it's not being developed doesn't mean it's going away ( just yet ) tho...

--
Pull me down under...

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nz-google-barcamp?hl=en

Mike Riversdale

Aug 4, 2010, 6:53:57 PM8/4/10
to NZ Google Barcamp
That *may* be true but I am a cynic and believe it's likely to
stagnate and slowly die.
BUT, the cool-as stuff is also likely to start appearing inside all
the other Google Apps products.

AND, we can all learn from the "experiment".

On Aug 5, 10:50 am, Mark Derricutt <m...@talios.com> wrote:
> Just because it's not being developed doesn't mean it's going away ( just
> yet ) tho...
>
> --
> Pull me down under...
>
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Mike Riversdale <
>
> mike.riversd...@miramarmike.co.nz> wrote:
> > Google have just announced that they'll no longer be developing Wave.
> >http://bit.ly/ByeByeWave
>
> > Thank you to those that volunteered and to Pam Fox (Googler) for all
> > the support

Tim McNamara

Aug 4, 2010, 6:54:15 PM8/4/10
to nz-googl...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know if the Google Wave Protocol is being depreciated, or just Google Wave?

The protocol is actually a really neat way to create federated information systems. I wonder if there's any interest in-house to maintain the infrastructure & move away from supporting the consumer-facing product.