What's the agenda? Who will be presenting?

Mike Riversdale

Aug 18, 2010, 1:25:31 AM8/18/10
to NZ Google Barcamp
Aha, the classic questions for those that haven't been to a barcamp
before - and we've all been there.

WHAT IS THE AGENDA?
-------------------------------------
After registration at 8:30am (please be on time) there will be a time
to get to mingle before a brief welcome to the event.
Then we'll all create the agenda to suit the time slots and space.

We're looking at the following runtime:
* 8:30am-8:45am registration
* 8:45am-9am welcome, agenda building
* 9am-10am session 1
* 10am-11am session 2
* 12pm-1pm lunch
* 1pm-2pm session 3
* 2pm-3pm session 4
* 3pm-4pm session 5
* 4pm-4:30pm event wrap-up
* 4:30pm - venue tidy up, after event drinks

The venue layout from Vodafone is here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AjNuD-1PBGMLdFNtOWhxWTNnY1l6UG55UWI3SzBBeGc&output=html

How will we create the agenda - large paper, pens and everyone
stepping forward to fill in the spaces :-)

WHAT WILL WE TALK ABOUT?
Entirely and absolutely up to you all.
There are NO pre-programmed presenters - this is YOUR event.

A good hint at what may come up is to check out the "Potential Topics"
page:
http://bit.ly/NZGBCtopics

DO I HAVE TO HAVE A 1 HOUR PRESENTATION READY?
Not at all.

In fact the best barcamp session I ever went to was merely a question
posed by the "presenter" and then the discussion ensued.
Be prepared to talk and get involved in all sessions, even those that
the presenter has something prepared.

Finally, remember, this is YOUR event and it is only as good as WE ALL
make it.
Get involved and have fun :-)

SEE EVERYONE ON SATURDAY!

This event wouldn't be possible without the support of the sponsors,
thank you: http://bit.ly/NZGBCSponsors