Advanced TV writing announcements

Peter Parnell

Nov 17, 2012, 4:14:59 PM11/17/12
to Zeshawn S Ali, elc...@nyu.edu, sag...@nyu.edu, ahr...@nyu.edu, Joud K Kashgari, jek...@nyu.edu, Heather L Martini, jtm...@nyu.edu, Chris Saccaro, Clare Shin, cv...@nyu.edu, amw...@nyu.edu, nyuadv...@googlegroups.com, carlos....@nyu.edu, acd...@nyu.edu, Caleb C Barrett, Camille M D'Elia
Hi all,

A few announcements:

There are three classes left in the term.

ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY FOR ALL OF THESE CLASSES.

Also, I will keep office hours for the weeks beginning November 26. I'll email you what these hours will be, once I clear them with the office, and we can arrange for individual meetings. These individual meetings will be for us to go over work on your Heart Department outlines, (in addition to written notes on them from me).

The last three classes of the term will be as follows:

November 29: Heart Department outlines. We'll go over where each of you is in your outlines. We'll beat out a few of your outlines on the board (or on index cards). We'll see what links, if any, there are between your episodes.

BRING TO CLASS: HARD COPIES FOR EVERYONE IN THE CLASS OF WHAT YOU HAVE OF YOUR OUTLINE TO THIS POINT.

December 6: Series ideas. We'll talk about ideas each of you have for a series. We'll also talk about pilots.

BRING TO CLASS: A written paragraph pitching out your series idea. We'll go round and discuss your idea with the rest of the class.

December 6: Series pitches.

BRING TO CLASS: A longer written pitch, based on what we'll have discussed in class, which will indicate the main characters, possible arcs, and what the pilot story might be for your series.

December 13: Verbally pitching the series: We'll talk about how you create verbal pitches. And any other final things we think valuable.

YOUR FINAL REVISED HEART DEPARTMENT OUTLINES WILL BE DUE ON DECEMBER 13.

Please email me if you have any questions! Happy holidays!

Thanks,

Peter