Search Box

Evan Sandhaus

Jan 20, 2010, 12:10:03 PM1/20/10
to The New York Times Linked Open Data Community
Over the weekend, we launched a small new feature on data.nytimes.com
that makes it easier to find the resources you're looking for. We've
added a search box to the upper right hand corner of every page on the
site. Simply start typing and we'll dynamically identify resources
that match your query and display them in an auto-complete form.
Just select a resource from this list to be redirected to the
appropriate page.

All the best,

Evan Sandhaus
--
Semantic Technologist
NYT R+D

Juan Sequeda

Jan 20, 2010, 12:14:12 PM1/20/10
to nyt_linked...@googlegroups.com
cool!

Do you guys have a sort of an api access, like dbpedia:

Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
Dept. of Computer Sciences
The University of Texas at Austin
www.juansequeda.com
www.semanticwebaustin.org

Evan Sandhaus

Jan 20, 2010, 12:38:28 PM1/20/10
to The New York Times Linked Open Data Community
We don't yet have a search API stood up around the resources on
data.nytimes.com. If this is a feature the community would like to
see, let me know and we can work it into pipeline.

Juan Sequeda

Jan 20, 2010, 12:42:56 PM1/20/10
to nyt_linked...@googlegroups.com
I was working on some stuff and widely used the search API for dbpedia, opencyc and freebase.

I definitely see a need to have a search API in order to get URI's for input strings