SPARQL Endpoint for the Data

ldodds

Oct 29, 2009, 3:44:27 PM10/29/09
to The New York Times Linked Open Data Community
Hi,

Great work on publishing the Linked Data. I wanted to let you know
that I've set up a SPARQL endpoint for the data. Might be useful for
people wanting to query and integrate the data in various ways.
Basically I just downloaded the SKOS file and uploaded it into a store
on the Talis Platform; that kind of thing is easy with RDF!

The endpoint for the data is here:

http://api.talis.com/stores/nytimes/services/sparql

Some sample queries:

Find the top ten people with most associated articles:

Query: http://pastie.org/675585
Answer: http://is.gd/4HrxI

Find the New York Times topic page associated with Stephen Hawking

Query: http://pastie.org/675612
Answer: http://is.gd/4Hs7h

Any questions, then let me know!

Cheers,

L.
--
Programme Manager, Talis Platform
Talis

Evan Sandhaus <sandhes@nytimes.com>

Oct 30, 2009, 2:38:27 AM10/30/09
to The New York Times Linked Open Data Community
This is great! Especially impressive considering that we announced at
3:15 and you had this up within half an hour.

Keep up the great work and we'll keep you posted on updates to the
data.

Cheers,

Evan Sandhaus

Semantic Technologist
New York Times Research and Development

Chris Wallace

Oct 30, 2009, 10:15:33 AM10/30/09
to The New York Times Linked Open Data Community
Hi guys

Good work from both of you.

Just wondered why a couple of the properties have values which are
strings rather than URIs?

http://creativecommons.org/ns#License
http://data.nytimes.com/elements/topicPage

Chris Wallace

Senior Lecturer
University of the West of England, Bristol