Note, you have the triple:
Linked Data debugger helps highlight the problem re. the above:
Twelve days ago, we took our first step into linked open data. Since
then we’ve received much great feedback on how best to improve our
Linked Data Service. Based on this feedback, we are making several
changes to the structure of our linked data documents.
The first change you’ll notice is that each document now contains two
resources. The reason for this is as follows.
our original release this document contained a single resource
http://data.nytimes.com/foo. Since we attached licensing information
to this resource and declared it to be owl:sameAs external resources,
an inference engine could conclude that The New York Times was
asserting ownership and license terms over data that didn’t belong to
Since it was never our intention to do anything of this sort, we have
revised our documents to contain two resources. The document
This URI structure permits freebase’s servers to perform content
negotiation on the requested URI, leading to a better user experience
for human readers.
resource that indicates the time at which the resource was last
10. Creative Commons branding has been added to the HTML renderings of
So these are today’s changes, but there are several more updates still
in the pipeline. These include:
1. New York Times namespace documentation
2. More mappings from subject headings to dbpedia and freebase.
3. Sample applications of data.
Almost every change announced today is the result of community
feedback. We really mean it when we say that we appreciate and value
your comments, criticisms and suggestions. So please, keep them
If we add a few triples to the description of the RDF data container
(resource holding the data):
<http://data.nytimes.com/N74378810797427897533.rdf> a <foaf:Document>.
Alongside existing triples such as:
Then you hit the question: What is entity / data item:
<http://data.nytimes.com/hackett_paul_per>? A skos:Concept, foaf:Person,
or foaf:Document? Basically, that triple is missing right now.
Note, based on what exists currently:
Then, I should get a 303 response for both via HTTP GET since the
entities in the owl:sameAs relation are deemed to be of compatible
entity types (i.e., not disjoint, as is the case between say a Person
Entity and a Document Entity).
At the current time though: <http://data.nytimes.com/hackett_paul_per>,
is a generic HTTP URI (just a Name albeit bound to its metadata doc via
303 re-direction when a representation of its metadata is requested via
HTTP), but its type is unknown.
While: <http://data.nytimes.com/N74378810797427897533.rdf> is a
traditional Web resource URL (report/document with its contents
structured in line with the RDF data model i.e., triples expressed in a
variety of data representation formats, with
<http://data.nytimes.com/N74378810797427897533> as its primarytopic).
Once you resolve Entity Type for:
<http://data.nytimes.com/hackett_paul_per>, your Linked Data graph will
hang together more cohesively (even if there is no reasoning taking
place i.e., data exploration via a browser will work better).
Hope this helps etc. :-)
Yes, its better now. But there is still an unknown type in the graph
based on a missing triple that asserts rdf:type. Its best to assume that
most Linked Data user agents won't be endowed with OWL reasoning
capability; especially when the "human" agent type browses via a Web
page, along the lines demonstrated in the sequence that follows:
-- An HTML+RDFa representation of the Description of Entity: Madonna,
-- The Description of Entity <http://data.nytimes.com/madonna_per>,
Type: Unknown .
You just need :
<http://data.nytimes.com/madonna_per> a <skos:Concept>
added to the RDF doc :-)
You can get the ODE tool I use at:
In either case, you can use the bookmarklet available on each page.