proposal for soundseeker on mobile platform

ANDREA POLLI

Jun 1, 2011, 11:22:40 AM6/1/11
to ny...@googlegroups.com
Hello NYSAE members;

Shs Sha and I have received a proposal from a dutch artist who would like to put the soundseeker content on a mobile platform he has developed for the iphone for free.  We think this is totally cool and could revive the soundseeker project.  Of course it won't go offline, this would just be an added feature.  This also sounds like it would be great for some other projects people might want to do.  We asked him to give us a proposal which is pasted below.  Take a look and let us know if you see anything that might be a problem.  The main thing for me was the ownership of the works which he has addressed.

***
Shoudio is the Location Based Audio Platform and we are currently reaching out to various location based audio projects to incorporate them as sole entities/projects within Shoudio. With Shoudio users can discover and add audio from the hidden auditive dimension around them. The Shoudio platform currently consist of: iPhone App (android soon), Mobile web, regular web, API, itunes feeds, widgets for embedding on any site and cross-publishing/sharing on Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare. With the iPhone app people can walk around and listen to nearby recordings, while checking them on the map.

For Soundseeker:

We would love to redistribute the Soundseeker recorders on the Shoudio webservice and by doing so enabling users to explore the content via our platform's apps.

1. Licensing content.
We dont envision having exclusive rights or ownership to your content but instead want to 'redistribute' / 'make discoverable' your content to the general public. We don't ask any money for our app, site, widgets and such and so on. I think it would be great if we would republish your content with some sort of Creative Commons License attached. Furthermore we can add the original recorder's name to it, to give it proper attribution.

2. Shoudio for other projects
If you would consider expanding your project or other projects in the field of (location based) audio recording you could consider using Shoudio as the tool for getting those recordings. By means of sharing a #hashtag within the 'message' field of a recording, Shoudio's are automatically ordered into a 'public channel' which can be retrieved by API or public feeds.

--
Andrea Polli
Mesa Del Sol Chair of Digital Media

ened

Jun 1, 2011, 2:10:51 PM6/1/11
to NYSAE
andrea, sha sha, et. al.

This looks great. what's the name of the artist?
I wonder if he/ she knows about the broadcastr people.

this sounds like a good opportunity, If anyone has any objections you
can email me directly or post to the group if you so desire, otherwise
i think we should do it. I'd love to communicate directly with them
if possible to iron out what they need.

ned

Andrea Williams

Jun 1, 2011, 3:17:45 PM6/1/11
to ened, NYSAE
Hi,

This sounds great! I'd like to assist with a NYSoundmap revival. Please keep me in the loop.

~Andrea

www.listeninglistening.com

ANDREA POLLI

Jun 1, 2011, 4:01:40 PM6/1/11
to Andrea Williams, ened, NYSAE
I will be in NYC from July 1-6, maybe we could get together and try this out, maybe do a kind of workshop together?

The person we've been dealing with is Roeland and his email is roe...@shoudio.com

Yours;

Andrea

On Jun 1, 2011, at 11:10 AM, ened wrote:

> andrea, sha sha, et. al.
>
> This looks great. what's the name of the artist?
> I wonder if he/ she knows about the broadcastr people.
>
> this sounds like a good opportunity, If anyone has any objections you
> can email me directly or post to the group if you so desire, otherwise
> i think we should do it. I'd love to communicate directly with them
> if possible to iron out what they need.
>
> ned

Eric Leonardson

Jun 1, 2011, 3:54:54 PM6/1/11
to Andrea Williams, ened, NYSAE
HI Ned,

The developer's name is Roeland P. Dan and I began discussing his idea of using this hashtag, #WDL11 for all World Listening Day "shouts".

I wondered about the difference between Shoudio and Audioboo. Roeland explained that Shoudio differs by excluding non-location-based-content, so all of its audio ends up on the map, and "leaves room for" their iPhone app.

Audioboo is interesting for other features, such as its ability to automatically create podcasts of your boos in iTunes. FWIW, here's my profile: http://audioboo.fm/eleon

I only wish there was a better name than shouts and Shoudio. There's already too much shouting here in Chicago and it leaves me exhausted. :'(

All the best,
Eric

Chris Coffin

Jun 2, 2011, 5:17:07 PM6/2/11
to AND...@andreapolli.com, Andrea Williams, ened, NYSAE
I am very interested. Please keep me in the loop.