upcoming shows in the next couple of months

Katie Down

Oct 18, 2011, 11:45:37 PM10/18/11
Hello dear mailing list!
I hope you are well and busily creating a ruckus down at Occupy Wall Street.

Now...here are more noisy, less political events that are coming down the pike in Oct/Nov.
I hope you can make some of them.
All the best!

Katie

UPCOMING STUFF:

THURSDAY, OCT. 27th

UKE NIGHT!
at Freddy's
http://www.freddysbar.com
7-9pm Open Uke Jam! (if you haven't come down yet, please join us! We have extra ukes for people too. Bring a uke, songs and extra copies to share! Where the absurd meets the sublime!)
9:30 Featuring Bliss Blood and Al Street in EVANESCENT!

SATURDAY, NOV. 5th
THE UKULADIES!
at Jalopy
http://www.jalopy.biz
8:30 The Ukuladies
9:30 M Shanghai String Band

SUNDAY, NOV. 13th

THE DRONE AND THE UNIVERSE

Featuring LYREBIRD (Matt Darriau and Katie Down)

at Cornelia Street Cafe
http://www.corneliastreetcafe.com
6PM

Primal sounds are never boring. They are often the foundation, both of musics and of the universe. In tonight’s program two superlative musicians, masters of dozens of instruments both familiar and strange, Katie Down and Matt Darriau, will demonstrate the importance of drones in world music. And reflect  on the centrality of this harmonic effect. They will be joined by Solomon Endlich, who works on the ripples through the fabric of the universe – gravitational waves. Just like we can close our eyes, listen to the sound that fills the room and try to figure out what those sounds tell us about the instruments that made them, so too can astronomers/physicists "listen" to gravitational waves and try to learn about some of the most cataclysmic (and not easily visited!) events in the universe  -- black hole collisions, the big bang.  Those waves may just  be the drones of cosmic music. You will be there to feel them.

SUNDAY, NOV. 20th

Daniel Kelly (keys), Rob Garcia(drums), Eyal Maoz(guitar), Katie Down(flute, etc.)

at Sycamore

Improvised music and them some!
http://www.sycamorebrooklyn.com

9PM

TUESDAY, NOV. 22nd

Music From NY Underground

Daniel Kelly (keys, sounds, samples) Katie Down(flute, electronics, toys)

at Freddy's Back Room

Improvised music with a twist!

We will be improvising on specific images! Come and see/hear for yourself.

http://www.freddysbar.com

10PM

Evening starts at 8:30 with Shelly Hirsch and Anders Nilson!

SATURDAY, DEC. 10

The Ukluadies!

at Sycamore

--