Submission? to the MEGAPOLIS Audio Art Festival, April 19-21, 2013

jugrote

Dec 24, 2012, 4:05:57 AM12/24/12
to ny...@googlegroups.com
Hey NYSAE, we're throwing a third MEGAPOLIS Audio Festival this coming April. The first was in Boston in 2009, the last in Baltimore in 2010. We've just opened our request for submissions for tours, workshops, performances, etc. a couple weeks ago:

We'll be based at the New School in the East Village. Would be great to see a soundwalk of some sort from the NYSAE crew, or maybe a workshop on how to conduct soundwalks or active listening or something related.

Here's a list of what went down in Baltimore in 2010: http://www.megapolisfestival.org/2010

Happy season!
Justin Grotelueschen
Managing Director, MEGAPOLIS Audio Festival

Katie Down

Dec 24, 2012, 10:45:33 AM12/24/12
to jugrote, ny...@googlegroups.com
Hello NYSAE,
I'm interested in conducting a sound walk for this or do a workshop on mindful listening.
In the meantime, I hope everyone has happy holidays and let's hope for a great and peaceful new year.

Katie

Katie Down
MM, MMT, MT-BC, LCAT

Mindful Music Therapy Studio
web: http://www.mindfulmusictherapy.com
email: ka...@mindfulmusictherapy.com
phone:(917) 426.4393
skype:katieukulady

Sound Designer / Composer / Performer
web: http://www.katiedown.com
email: glassmu...@gmail.com
phone: (917) 518.1961

DMo

Dec 24, 2012, 11:40:22 AM12/24/12
to ny...@googlegroups.com
Hey Justin,
My name is Diane Moser, I'm a member of this group and I'm on the faculty at the New School for jazz and Contemporary Music...which part of the New School will the festival be based? I have a class I'm teaching this semester..a composition/ensemble class that would work well with the festival, we will be performing "outdoors" in various places around the city. Last spring, my composition/ensemble class performed during the Cage Festival at the New School...a collaboration between Lang, Jazz and Mannes.
Can we talk...I'd like to see how we can get involved with the festival..and how we can bring you and others into our class.
Thanks,
Diane Moser
mos...@newschool.edu

ened

Dec 24, 2012, 1:02:14 PM12/24/12
to NYSAE

hi Justin

NYSAE has been on an extended hiatus but I would be happy to put
together some walks and a presentation for the festival. please feel
free to email me at edmundmooney@ gmail.com and we can talk further.

edmund