2012 Artists in Residence Program at I-Park

Eric Leonardson

Dec 18, 2011, 8:34:10 PM12/18/11
to NYSAE
Greetings. I'd like to forward this announcement from Brad Tuggle, Residency Program Director with I-Park Foundation, Inc.

Full Version:

2012 Artists in Residence Program at I-Park

Application Deadline: January 30, 2012

The I-Park Foundation, Inc., a 450-acre natural woodland retreat in East Haddam, CT (U.S), announces its twelfth season hosting its multi-disciplinary residency program.  Self-directed artists’ residencies will be offered from May through November 2012, with off-seasonsessions in April and December.  Most residencies are four weeks in duration.  Residencies are offered to creative individuals working in the following disciplines: Visual (including Environmental) Art, Music Composition/Sound Sculpture/Design, Moving Image, Creative Writing and Landscape/Garden Design.  Work samples are evaluated through a competitive, juried process.

A $30 application fee helps defray the cost of the independent jury panels.  Accepted artists are responsible for their own work materials as well as transportation to and from the area.  The program is otherwise offered at no cost to accepted artists, including a basic meal program where most of, though not all, the food is provided.

Accommodations at I-Park include comfortable private living quarters in an 1850’s era farmhouse and a private studio space.  An abundance of tools, equipment, musical instruments and peripherals, site materials, an electric kiln, wireless internet and library facilities are provided.

International applicants are welcome.  To defray the cost of travel, four $750.00 grants will be awarded to international artists whose work is held in particularly high regard by the Grant Committee.

Application materials are available online at http://www.i-park.org/residency.html.

For more information, contact Brad Tuggle, Residency Program Director, by e-mail: applic...@i-park.org or by phone: 860-873-2468.

Short Version

2012 Artists in Residence Program at I-Park, Application Deadline: January 30, 2012

I-Park announces its twelfth season hosting its multi-disciplinary residency program.  Self-directed artists’ residencies will be offered from May through November 2012. Most sessions are 4-weeks in duration and are offered to those working in the Visual Arts, Music Composition, Creative Writing, Moving Image and Landscape/Garden Design. Except for the $30 application fee, the residency is offered at no cost to accepted artists and includes comfortable private living quarters, a private studio and meal program. International applicants are welcome. To defray the cost of travel, four $750 grants will be awarded in 2012 to international artists.

For details and to apply, visit http://www.i-park.org/residency.html or contact the office: applic...@i-park.org or 860-873-2468.

Brad Tuggle

Residency Program Director

I-Park Foundation, Inc.