Re: Diane Moser's Composers Big Band "Music of the Spheres" April 10th

Eric Leonardson

Mar 28, 2013, 11:13:09 AM3/28/13
to DIANE MOSER, NYSAE, Chris DeLaurenti
Congratulations, Diane. This sounds wonderful. I'm off to Brooklyn to perform tonight... http://ericleonardson.org/whatsnew/?p=1021, so I have to run...but would love to chat.

I'm cc'in my freinds in the New York Society for Acoustic Ecology and Christopher DeLaurenti, in Virginia. Perhaps some would like to attend the talks or get involved in collecting sounds.

All the best,
Eric

On 3/28/13 10:33 AM, DIANE MOSER wrote:
Dear Friends,
I am very excited about the upcoming performance and workshops at the Meadowlands Environmental Center on April 10, 20 & 21. This is part 1 of a 2 month residency exploring the world of music, astronomy, birdsongs and our surrounding soundscapes. You can read about both months by going to.... http://dianemosermusic.com/2013/01/23/science-meets-music/
I am also pleased to announce that I have received a grant from New Music USA"s MetLife Creative Connections Program for these projects.
You can read about that by going to...
http://dianemosermusic.com/2013/03/27/new-music-usa-metlife-creative-connection-program-award-and-beyond/
Hope to see you there!
Diane

Wednesday, April 10, 8-9:00 pm — All ages
Diane Moser’s Composers Big Band performs “Music of the Spheres”
This 17-piece big band will perform an evening of music inspired by the environment and celestial bodies. The concert features the world premiere of “Music of the Spheres”, a four-movement suite by Moser along with music by composers Matt Haviland, Rob Middleton and Jeff Raheb. Also on this program, a very special performance of “Jazz in the Space Age” by the American Jazz pianist, composer and theorist, George Russell, featuring saxophonist and band member of the George Russell Orchestra, Bob Hanlon. All are invited to a pre-show program at 7:30 p.m. at which Moser will discuss her work. After the concert come view the night sky through our research-grade telescope at the William D. McDowell Observatory.
$15/person; $10/seniors; $8/MEC members

Saturday, April 20, 1-3 pm for families and Sunday, April 21, 1-3 pm for ages 9-18

Pythagoras, Kepler, Math and Music
Bring your instruments and voices – Diane Moser will conduct a workshop in which participants convert measurements to musical intervals and create and upload sounds on the computer using the Sound Cloud. The group will arrange the recorded sounds into an original composition. $5/person; $4/MEC members

Meadowlands Environment Center
Two DeKorte Park Plaza
Lyndhurst, New Jersey 07071
Phone: 201-460-8300